1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Rust Corrosion on Frame Condition LSC CSD

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Staff Member

The warranty extension would be for frame replacement and not a buy back. The $15,000 number is what most vehicles that need this will cost to repair. Not that the vehicle Owner will get that amount.

2. Hello all, I have an 02 sequoia with a rotted frame as well! Is there a class action suit for the older sequoia's yet? I'm very disappointed with Toyota on this situation.

3. I have a 2003 Toyota Sequoia. Today it was diagnosed with a severe rust problem. So severe that I can no longer drive it. I had it towed in, and the mechanic stated that it was not driveable and the wheel was about to fall off, because it was so rusted. He took pictures and it is a deplorable site, to know that I could have been hurt , maimed (r worse) in this car if I had continued to drive it. I will reach out to Toyota, since I was told that this was a common problem on the sequoia. The car runs fine, but it is unsafe to drive any further. Has anyone found a solution with Toyota. Recalls or class action. Need Help with this problem.

4. Is there money for frame replacement. My 2003 Sequoia, is severely rusted, the car has been rendered not driveable.

5. WendyS

WendyS Guest

It may be to late, but I have a 2002 Sequoia and just saw the entire underside is rusted. I do not recall receiving any notice about this situation. Would love to know if there is anything I can do. Obviously, I can't take it in or it may be deemed not driveable. This is my only vehicle.