2004-2006 Toyota Camry, Highlander, Sienna Crankshaft Pulley Recall B0M

OishiiJPN

Staff member
i-JrhtBw6.gif

Subject:
Safety Recall B0M 2004 and 2005 Camry, Camry Solara, Highlander, Sienna, certain 2004 Model Year Avalon, and certain 2006 Model Year Highlander HV Vehicles Engine Crankshaft Pulley

On November 9, 2011, Toyota filed a Defect Information Report (DIR) with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) informing the agency of our intent to conduct a voluntary Safety Recall on certain 2004 and 2005 Model Year Camry, Camry Solara, Highlander, Sienna, certain 2004 Model Year Avalon, and certain 2006 Model Year Highlander HV Vehicles.

Background:
In certain 2004 and 2005 MY Camry, Camry Solara, Highlander, Sienna, certain 2004 MY Avalon, and certain 2006 MY Highlander HV vehicles equipped with a 1MZ-FE or 3MZ-FE V6 engine, the amount of adhesive agent applied between the outer ring and the torsional rubber damper (inner ring) in the crankshaft pulley may be inadequate. If the adhesive is insufficient, there is a possibility that the outer ring may become misaligned and it may not properly rotate with the inner ring, causing noise and/or illumination of the discharge warning light. In some cases, the belt for the power steering pump may become detached from the pulley. The driver may notice a sudden increase in steering effort. A sudden increase in steering effort could increase the risk of a crash.

Remedy:
Toyota will perform an inspection and, if necessary replace the Engine Crankshaft Pulley and Accessory VBelts at NO CHARGE to the vehicle owner

Owner Notification Mailing Date:
The owner notification will commence in early January, 2012.