1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2004-2009 Toyota Prius Combination Meter Warranty Extension ZTV

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Jan 22, 2014.

1. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

WARRANTY ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM (ZTV): WARRANTY EXTENSION FOR COMBINATION METER ON CERTAIN 2004-2009 MY PRIUS VEHICLES

Background

"Toyota has received a limited number of reports from high mileage 2004 to certain 2009 model year Prius vehicles regarding the Instrument Panel Combination Meter not illuminating when the vehicle's ignition is turned "ON". This condition may occur in certain cold weather conditions and is identified during vehicle start-up."

The warranty enhancement covers this failure for a period of the longer of 9 years from date of first use (DOFU) (no mileage limit) or before September 30, 2013 (which ever is longer for the condition described).

If a customer has previously paid for the repair or replacement of the Sun Visor Assembly and/or Sun Visor Bracket to address the condition described above, please have them mail a copy of the repair order, proof-of-payment, and proof-ofownership to the following address for reimbursement consideration:

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
    Customer Experience Center, WC10
    19001 South Western Avenue
    Torrance, CA 90509
    The customer name, address, and telephone number(s) should be included in the request. The customer should allow 4-6 weeks for processing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Leeda Safa

Leeda Safa New Member

I am a little confused on if this warranty extension is valid for my 2004 Toyota prius. Is it valid or has it expired? Is there a current one? I need my combination meter replaced. Thank you.

3. Leeda Safa

Leeda Safa New Member

My DOFU was spring of 2016, but I can assume that DOFU is referring to the year of the car? Is this correct?

OishiiJPN likes this.
  4. Leeda Safa

Leeda Safa New Member

Hoping that toyota has released a solution to the dangerous and non-consumer related problem related to the failing Combination Meter, can anyone confirm if there is a new Extended Warranty or possible recal on this? The previous ext. Warranty was only good for 9 years from date of first use which did not help many drivers. Super negligent and ripe situation for class action lawsuits not to mention many potentially fatal accidents on the roads. :(

5. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

No, the DOFU is the date of first use. In other words, the original date a customer purchased the vehilce from a Toyota Dealer.

6. Brad

Brad Guest

THERE'S NO EXTENSION AND TOYOTA WON'T HELP.. I TRIED AND WAS TOLD ALL DEALS EXPIRED AND TO HELP ONE WOULD MEAN THEY'D HAVE TO HELP ALL...
    WE'RE ON OUR OWN..NICE HUH?

7. KNH

KNH Guest

Same here, I missed by a year. it's the reason I will never buy a Toyota again, their customer service is terrible.

8. KNH

KNH Guest

I'm guessing most of the problems are just after the 9 years, calculated to guarantee fixing the problem to as few people as possible. It's about $800 to replace, why would they want to do it for free when the can put a stop date. Mine went out at 40,000 miles even though I've had it 10 years.

9. KNH

KNH Guest

What's sad is Toyota used to rank at the top of best customer service.