1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2007-2011 Toyota Camry and Camry Hybrid Sun Visor Warranty Extension ZTT

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Padmini S

Padmini S Guest

My 2011 Toyota Camry's driver side sun visor came down too starting yesterday. Also, the light doesn't turn on when the mirror is opened. I looked up the link with VIN Numbers covered under extended warranty and my car is not covered. I tried calling Toyota and was told that it is not covered under warranty. Like many of you here, I have filed a complaint with NHDSA and am hoping that they will force Toyota to recall and fix the visor issue as it is a major safety hazard. In the meantime, I plan to get it fixed it myself and save the receipt if Toyota ever decides to cover the cost. Extremely disappointed with Toyota as my main reason for getting a Toyota was that I never have to worry about anything if I keep up with regular maintenance.

2. Diane Holman

Diane Holman Guest

I have a 2008 Camry. In 2013 I had to have the visor replaced. I was not aware of the extended warranty for this item and so went ahead and paid for it at my dealers. Now the visor I got in 2013 has also failed. It seems to me that Toyota has not actually fixed the problem so that when a faulty visor is replaced with another faulty visor, it should also have 7 years available for free replacement. Also, I don't think I should have had to pay for my replacement visor in 2013. My dealer has told me that I need to go directly to Toyota with my issue. My other disappointment is that the top layer of the roof material is coming off and hangs down, affecting visability. I know my car has a few years on it, but I expected better from Toyota!

3. Crystal

Crystal Guest

My 2011 camry's viser also fell off! Not having a viser is awful when your driving in the sun, and it will just fall out of no where. I'm shocked to see all these visers falling off on 2011 Camry models and Toyota not having a care in the world to fix it.

OishiiJPN likes this.
  4. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

Crystal, Please go here and fill out a NHTSA complaint form. Let your voice be heard.