1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

Toyota Dash Problem Melting Cracking Warranty Extension LSC ZE6

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Jan 18, 2015.

1. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

The program will not expire and there are literally thousands of these dashpads on back order. I hate to hear that your Service adviser (Alex) is not keeping in touch with you but please understand that he can only tell you what Toyota tells him. These are on Intergalactic Backorder. As long as you have a written repair order from a Toyota Dealer that states your vehicle qualifies and one is one order then you are golden. I know it sucks but it also sucks for us too.

2. Don L

Don L New Member

Got my letter for my 05 Solara back in September 2015, took it to my dealer in October and was told "couple of weeks". Have not heard a word since.

3. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried calling the Dealer to get a status update?
    Did you get it in writing that your Dash was on order?

4. binsil09

binsil09 New Member

I took my 2007 Camry to my dealer in 08/2015 and they have placed order for the dashboard.
    I was told that it will arrive in couples weeks. However, it still not here yet. I called my dealer and they said it still in back-ordered with no estimate date (ETA).
    what is the typical wait time for this?
    there are websites show people getting their replacement in 2-4 months and some ordered at similar time as I did.
    just tire looking at the dashboard reflection. giving me headache.

5. Lewis

The typical wait time is about 2 months or less now. The Camry dashpads have been available for quite some time.

Have you called your Dealer and asked if they at least have one that will fit your Camry from another customers order who hasn't returned to have theirs replaced? We have a few dashpads in stock for customers who have yet to return to get theirs replaced. If your Dealer was in the same spot, then maybe you could get that one and they could reorder the other customers. Just an idea.

6. binsil09

binsil09 New Member

thanks for your info.
    yes, I called last week and got the same answer plus they said there are 20 people on waiting list.
    what I'm afraid is that my dealer is not doing their job.
    I thought about going to different dealer but afraid that they order the dashboard based on VIN number and that might push my waiting list even further. what do you think?

7. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

Not Lewis, the best idea is to just stay in touch (pester the heck out of them) with the Dealer's Service Director at least twice a week. Be persistent. ;)

8. Placido B

Placido B New Member

I have a 2004 Camry LE I am the original owner, and I noticed Crack on dashboard around airbag. Why is my 2004 not included in warranty extension.

9. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

The 2004 Camry was a different generation Camry than the one having issues and under the warranty extension. My guess is that there were not enough issues with these year Camry's dashboards cracking and enough consumer complaints for Toyota to do anything.

10. Christy

Christy New Member

I recently purchased a 2007 Avalon and didn't realize the problem with the dash was a recall. I checked my VIN and it doesn't show up as having a recall. My dash has several cracks and is sticky and deteriorating. Am I covered?

OishiiJPN and Lewis like this.
  11. Lewis

Thanks for the question Christy! The reason you didn't see it pop up when you searched is because it isn't a recall, its a warranty enhancement. Here is a thread posted on the difference.

These dash's are mainly on back-order and the best advise we give is to visit your local Toyota Dealer and have a repair order written up with it stating that the dash is on order. Then, in about a month, start calling the service adviser once or twice a week (don't care if they get mad) asking if your dash pad is in yet. LOL
    That's the best way we have seen this done. Keep in constant contact with your service adviser.

12. Roger B

Roger B New Member

I just called my dealer and I'm taking my 2005 Sienna in for a different matter and I asked about this LSC and she said the parts for the Sienna aren't available yet, but they would inspect it to verify that it does qualify.

Is this true? And if so, is there an estimate on when it will be available for Sienna?

Thanks

13. Lewis

The parts are available and should be ordered for you. Now the time for them to receive one may be a month or longer. Just please remember to get this in writing. Have them add a line on the repair order stating that your Sienna Dash qualifies for the LSC and that the dash was ordered. If this is not in writing then it can be just as easy to say that you never asked about it.

Also please keep in touch with your Service Adviser by calling them every week or so just to check in on parts. Don't take the "we'll call you when it comes in" answer, you call them every so often. That way you don't get forgotten among all the other Sienna Owners who have dashpads on order.

14. Joseph Nazareno

Joseph Nazareno New Member

Hi, I caught wind of this conversation because I will be purchasing a 2006 Solara from a private party. I will be the 3rd owner of this car and from the condition of the car, it is still in very condition - mechanically maintained with only 39K mi on the odometer (also the owner is deploying so he needs to sell it). Upon inspection, I noticed that the issues regarding a cracked dashboard is of the same problem with this Solara that I'm purchasing. I am currently in Hawaii and it would be no surprise to me that the dashboard is cracking because of the high heat and humidity in this area. Now my question is, being the 3rd owner of the said car, how would I approach a Toyota dealership of this matter especially when the issue at hand is an obvious flaw that is in the dashboard in itself. Any suggestions from the customer service and help would definitely be appreciated!! Thank you!!!

15. Lewis

The fact that you are in Hawaii may be a different issue I'm just not sure and will have to do some investigation. The fact that you are the third Owner doesn't matter. As long as you are in the qualifications for the warranty extension, then it can be replaced. I'll update this reply when I find out more. ***(Where's Oishii when you need him?)

16. Joseph Nazareno

Joseph Nazareno New Member

Hi, Thanks for the response! Yes I'm definitely seeing if the car is qualified for the warranty extension, I asked the previous owners how the cracking happened and they specifically mentioned that it was the heat and humidity that caused the cracking however, it would cost them more money to replace it (assuming they were not aware of the warranty existing). When you mentioned that it will require an investigation, what will that entail and what do I have to do aside from going to a Toyota dealer and putting in a work order for the dashboard. Also, when putting in for the work order, is Toyota going to cover the dashboard alone or is Toyota going to cover the part and the labor? Thank you so much for your help!

17. Lewis

You won't have to do anything but visit the Dealer and have them open a repair order showing that your vehicle qualifies and that the dash is on order.

Toyota covers parts and labor(no cost at all to the Owner).

18. Greg Vines

Greg Vines New Member

I bought a 2007 Avalon recently. The original owner is an elderly man no longer able to drive. I have no idea if he was ever issued a notice on this. Can I have the dash repaired without a letter?

19. Vlad Degtyarev

Vlad Degtyarev New Member

Good Morning,

I have a 2004 4Runner and received the letter. My local dealer (Nalley Toyota of Roswell GA) refuses to place an order for this dash and keeps saying it's on backorder. When I ask them to order one for me, they say they can't and I need to keep calling every week to have the parts department check stock.

They claim they can't order something that's on backorder. That logic makes no sense to me! What do I need to tell them so they can order one for me? I don't care if I have to wait several months, just as long as I have me name on one.

Please help. Thanks!

20. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

Yes, absolutely! Just visit your Dealer and they should take care of this for you.