Toyota Prius Park Lock Mechanism is Abnormal w/ codes P3102 C2300

Lewis

Staff member
Prius Replacement Battery

Prius%20Park%20Lock%20Malfunction-S.jpg

There is a main issue we see in regards to the Prius (Gen 2, Gen 3) and the warning message "The Transmission P lock mechanism is Abnormal" that is displayed on the HUD (Heads up Display). If you check codes, you may see P3102 Transmission Control ECU Malfunction and/or C2300 Actuator System Malfunction.

The culprit is most often a bad or low charged 12v Auxiliary battery located in the right rear on the trunk. Here are a few videos that show the different symptoms a dead or dying Aux battery will exhibit...

If you need to, you can jump start your battery at the AUX battery itself or use this method...

Now if you want to replace it, we suggest that you use an OEM Toyota Battery from your local Toyota Dealer and watch this video to get an idea as to what it takes....

N

Nadir

I have P-Lock Mechanism message on my 2004 Prius. I have tried changing battery and tried running new wire from fuse to blue wire connection. Nothing happened. Any other way to solve it?

R

Raj

I have 2013 Prius v has code c2300 and p080 any know why's that can help. Thanks in advance

J

JHardy

I have P-Lock Mechanism message on my 2004 Prius. I have tried changing battery and tried running new wire from fuse to blue wire connection. Nothing happened. Any other way to solve it?
You figure anything out? I am in this same situation with my '04

S

Santos

The culprit is usually your Park Neutral Switch.
Replace it and all will be well again.