2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Rust Corrosion on Frame Condition LSC CSD

Donald Faria

I replied on this in email but just the same talk to other sequoia owners cause they may not be aware of where to file a complaint.Thanks
has anyone replaced the rear window guide rails on sequoia How do I start a new question?I don't see where it says(start new post).

B

Brad Beatty

So glad I found this forum! About to complete a form on nhtsa's website. Have a 2002 tundra and I'm waiting any day for the frame to go out. This is ridiculous. I purchased a toyota b/c of the name. I've had a land cruiser and a few new tundras and didn't think to research these model trucks. I didn't find this out until I removed my stepsides. Was basically a bandaid covering a slug wound.

C

Charles

My Toyota dealer told me the frame was fine a few years ago (probably before the 2014 extended warranty expired). Now I had it in for brakes and told the frame is rusted out. Local body shop says they get them sent to them all the time from Toyota so why did they not do mine? Body shop will make repair for $800

D

donjoy

My Toyota dealer told me the frame was fine a few years ago (probably before the 2014 extended warranty expired). Now I had it in for brakes and told the frame is rusted out. Local body shop says they get them sent to them all the time from Toyota so why did they not do mine? Body shop will make repair for $800
What are they going to do?I had mine welded with plates and I used por 15 which i'll probably have to paint next year.

J

Jerry Yingling

Can you provide contact info for your body shop? Thanks. Jerry Y.

Donald Faria

I wanted to know if toyota changed the specific years.I called Toyota on my 2002 sequoia and was refused replacement then I called highway safety and filed a complaint to add to the other complaints.I hope more people do that.Thanks BGroot :)
I am writing this here cause I can't find out where to make a new post.Has anything happened to this frame problem?Maybe people should email the highway safety board and get them off their buts and do something with this.Seem to be going nowhere fast.

Donald Faria

I wanted to know if toyota changed the specific years.I called Toyota on my 2002 sequoia and was refused replacement then I called highway safety and filed a complaint to add to the other complaints.I hope more people do that.Thanks BGroot :)
again i'm posting on reply cause I don't see anything that shows to post.So I just sent an email to the highway admin for any updates on the frame.I'll come back when I hear something in the mean time can someone tell me where to post. Don