1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Rust Corrosion on Frame Condition LSC CSD

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Staff Member

The warranty extension would be for frame replacement and not a buy back. The $15,000 number is what most vehicles that need this will cost to repair. Not that the vehicle Owner will get that amount.

2. Hello all, I have an 02 sequoia with a rotted frame as well! Is there a class action suit for the older sequoia's yet? I'm very disappointed with Toyota on this situation.

3. I have a 2003 Toyota Sequoia. Today it was diagnosed with a severe rust problem. So severe that I can no longer drive it. I had it towed in, and the mechanic stated that it was not driveable and the wheel was about to fall off, because it was so rusted. He took pictures and it is a deplorable site, to know that I could have been hurt , maimed (r worse) in this car if I had continued to drive it. I will reach out to Toyota, since I was told that this was a common problem on the sequoia. The car runs fine, but it is unsafe to drive any further. Has anyone found a solution with Toyota. Recalls or class action. Need Help with this problem.

4. Is there money for frame replacement. My 2003 Sequoia, is severely rusted, the car has been rendered not driveable.

5. WendyS

WendyS Guest

It may be to late, but I have a 2002 Sequoia and just saw the entire underside is rusted. I do not recall receiving any notice about this situation. Would love to know if there is anything I can do. Obviously, I can't take it in or it may be deemed not driveable. This is my only vehicle.

6. Joe C

Joe C Guest

Same here. Toyota Seq 2003 with rusted out frame. If anyone knows of class action suit please let me know: jrpioneers77@gmail.com

7. Toyota 2003

Toyota 2003 Guest

YES... also interested in a lawsuit against Toyota. How do we proceed?
    I Own a 2003 Toyota Sequoia. Frame completely rusted out and my tie rod also came off frame from rust. A whole chunk of frame came right off. My mechanic says I was lucky I did not lose control of vehicle. Called Toyota. They gave me a case number and the following day promptly denied any responsibility. I inquired about the current settlement for 2005-2008 which Toyota is taking responsibility and at first there was denial that the case even existed, then told could not discuss as not supposed to be public. Really? It's all over the internet (ie NY Times, Nov 13, 2016 "Toyota Agrees to $3.4 Billion Settlement in Corrosion Case"). They are a corporation, and corporations do not like bad publicity. If enough people make noise ESPECIALLY on social media they will react. Frames are around 4k and another 4-5 to install. So, if your book value is 10k or less your vehicle is worthless. If you spend 30K - 40k on a vehicle there is no way someone is NOT responsible for the vehicle all of a sudden having no value. Either the owner or Toyota have to be responsible for the total loss in value because of frame. The owners are not negligent here so Toyota has to be. The fact that they are taking responsibility for the 2005-2008 and not before is despicable. I'm going on every possible website, blog, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to try to bring light to this injustice. I encourage everyone to do the same. I'm in on any group lawsuit and can help coordinate if enough interest. Else, I will go after them on my own.

8. E Davis

E Davis Guest

I also have a 2003 Sequoia with severe rust. If there is a class action lawsuit I would love to be included.
    eltinadavis@hotmail.com

9. Earl Glase

Earl Glase Guest

I would be interested in the class action also.... 01, bought in 2006-- no notification of limited action or anything and concerned with the shape of the fame... I thought the vehicle had been driven in the ocean somewhere but it was a lease vehicle purchased in Kansas....

email is eaglase@gmail.com

10. Donald

Donald Guest

Same here 03 sequoia with rusted frame and Toyota said they won't help

11. Kevin

Kevin Guest

I have a 2001 Sequoia I have tracked down the Car Fax and history of this vehicle. The frame on my vehicle has never been addressed. Is there any resolution.