1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Rust Corrosion on Frame Condition LSC CSD

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Linwood

Linwood Guest

I am willing to join a class action lawsuit. I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra with 5 holes in the frame.

2. Kevin

Kevin Guest

I also have a 2002 sequoia with rusted frame. Can anything be done.?

3. Same problem. I have a 2001 Sequoia that we bought new from the dealership. It has 140,000 miles. The dealer did the undercoating back in 2013-2014. Just found out that the frame has rusted away.

4. Warren

Warren Guest

Just found out a few weeks ago that the frame on my 2002 Sequoia has rusted, after I took it to the same dealership where I have had it serviced (unless out of town) for the last 15 years, for some other maintenance. I have NEVER received a recall notice on this issue and despite an average of two to three routine maintenance trips to the dealership each year, this was never mentioned. Also, while at the dealership, they did not mention that this was apparently a common problem. I wasn't even aware that is was widespread problem until a friend at a body work shop mentioned it and I started researching. Happy to join any class actions that may be underway.

5. beth

beth Guest

6. beth

beth Guest

I have a 2004 sequoia that has been seen exclusively by the dealer. I am original owner, car has 67K miles. It was sprayed when re-call was first out, but our current pictures taken by three independent auto shops indicate that either it was sprayed over the rust OR it rusted from the inside out - the claim that has been made and proved by other class action. I have repeatedly asked Toyota for assistance with this - they said since I accepted the spraying (the only option offered at the dealer) I have no recourse. I am currently filing a small claims against the individual dealer because I believe they intentionally hid the other options and clearly lied about the rust. However, I believe this is a systematic, systemic, embedded practice by Toyota to make it as difficult as possible for consumers to know about and access either warranty enhancement programs or recalls. If anyone else would like to join a class action against Toyota for failing to provide service and compensation for this specific problem please feel free to indicate so and I will continue to approach lawyers in an attempt to get additional action from Toyota.

7. I have a 2002 Sequoia and a 2008 tundra which was inspected and found to be ok. 02 is rusted out and my tundra rusted now.

8. Ben Andrews

Ben Andrews Guest

I have a 2002 Toyota Sequoia and just revived a phone call from the garage who are replacing a belt for me and they won't work on on the Sequoia as the rust is so bad. I would like to be kept in the loop if we have any way of getting this resolved...

9. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

I see a lot of questions but no answers.Where do I find answers?

BGroot likes this.
  10. BGroot

BGroot Moderator

What specific questions do you have?

11. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

What was the outcome?

12. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

I have a 2002 sequoia and i'm wondering what the outcome is on the law suit. I'm new here so please forgive my mistakes.Thanks

13. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Moderator Staff Member

There wasn't a lawsuit for the early Sequoias, only the newer ones that are covered here...

14. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

Has anything changed as far as 2001 and up on the years that can be covered?I have a 2002 sequoia but it seems that the trucks are mostly being paid attention to

MG likes this.
  15. MG

MG Moderator

Not that I am aware of but maybe someone else can chime in.

16. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

My 2002 isn't covered either.

17. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

called toyota and my 2002 sequoia isn't covered so i'm SOL on this I guess. Don Can someone inform me about receipiants,I can't post cause I can't get past that..

18. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

Me too,I just filed with ODI

19. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

Please file a complaint with the National Highway safety board at 1-800-327-4236 and ODI.NHTCA.DOT./GOV/vehicle complaint.The more complaints the better

20. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

Julia How do I contact you,what is your e mail.mine is donjoycef@verizon.net and i'm in Mass.