1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Rust Corrosion on Frame Condition LSC CSD

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

I wanted to know if toyota changed the specific years.I called Toyota on my 2002 sequoia and was refused replacement then I called highway safety and filed a complaint to add to the other complaints.I hope more people do that.Thanks BGroot :)

2. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

If everyone with issues called toyota 1-800-331-4331 and the highway safety board 1-888-327-4236 we could put pressure on these people. Rally on :p

3. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

I can't seem to find where to start a new conversation.HELP , also I replied elswhere and found that toyota is replacing frames of 2ooo and up vehicles in Canada.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    MG likes this.
  4. MG

MG Moderator

Do you have documented proof of this?

5. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

Nothing documented.this info came from a thread on another forum that I put info on.I wonder how we can find out for sure.The person lives at lake ontario.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  6. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

I just looked up toyota in canada and I still see 2005 to 2008 so I guess this guy is wrong.I wonder how we can change these years for replacement?

7. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

I looked up Canada info and found that the years on the vehicles is the same so I have egg on my face and I'm sorry about that.We still need more people to complain and maybe the complaint might include the years to start at an earlier date like 2000.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  8. Donald Faria

Donald Faria New Member

I'm getting more info on this as I go along.My forum friend who lives in Canada says his son works for Toyota and they replace the tundra and tacoma back to 2000 at there discresion.I should be getting more info soon.

9. Alfred J Joseph

Alfred J Joseph New Member

I live in MA as well my 2003 Sequoia's frame is all rotted through interior & motor is mint I'll be interested in joining you guys if you was to proceed with legal action

10. donjoy

donjoy Guest

As it stands right now the cut off is 2005 but if Canada makes exceptions on this with the trucks I don't see the difference between the sequoia frame and the truck frame.The problem I believe is the maker of the frames did not use good steel and that is what should be looked at,not the year of the vehicle, I think.If anyone has ideas on this please join in.

11. donjoy

donjoy Guest

If it's just the rear you might be able to have it repaired by welding plates on it.When I did mine I took the spare tire off and got a needle scaler from harbor freight and got the loose rust off and sprayed rustolium rust ender then took it to be welded.Mine cost me 1000.00.