2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Rust Corrosion on Frame Condition LSC CSD

M

MichelleC

Today I called Toyota's customer service and the rep was very helpful. I will be contacted by a special inquiry team by Friday or Monday the latest. I will update as soon as I get an answer.

Please let us know what they said. I went through the same exact thing. The reps were super sweet and helpful and my case was sent to the special inquiry team too. That special team then contacted me and said that I was not eligible for the frame replacement because that limited service campaign expired--even though I submitted pictures and a full report from the Toyota Service Center. I really hope you have better luck and can share with us any advice that helped your case. Thanks!

S

shuiab

I just got off the phone with the inquiry team for my case. I went through the same exact events you had experienced. The initial rep i spoke to forwarded my case further and i received a call this morning. Unfortunately they couldn't do anything! I even asked the rep if you guys are aware that there are forums filled with customers who have this exact issue and she acknowledged that it exists! Her line repeatedly was "At this time Toyota does not have a recall program for my VIN #." Its utterly frustrating to know they are aware but nothing can be done. I am so fed up!

M

MichelleC

I just got off the phone with the inquiry team for my case. I went through the same exact events you had experienced. The initial rep i spoke to forwarded my case further and i received a call this morning. Unfortunately they couldn't do anything! I even asked the rep if you guys are aware that there are forums filled with customers who have this exact issue and she acknowledged that it exists! Her line repeatedly was "At this time Toyota does not have a recall program for my VIN #." Its utterly frustrating to know they are aware but nothing can be done. I am so fed up!

UGGH! I am so sorry. It is extremely frustrating. I just finished filing a case with the Federal Trade Commission and yesterday I spoke with someone at the National Highways Safety Administration. He said there were 68 filed cases against Toyota for the rusted frame issue. It seems (as I've seen in this thread) that there are a lot more than 68. I wish everyone would file with FTC and NHSA because those two organizations can investigate and force a recall. Both are very easy and quick to fill out.

https://www.ftc.gov/ Click on "other" then "car"
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

S

shuiab

Michelle,
I just filed a complaint to both websites. I hope as many sequoia owners as possible take some kind of action to raise awareness to this issue so that we can get our cars fixed. Please anyone who reads these threads call Toyota customer service file complaints to these websites, lets hope for the best!
Toyota customer service 1800 331 4331 *have VIN # ready

M

MichelleC

Michelle,
I just filed a complaint to both websites. I hope as many sequoia owners as possible take some kind of action to raise awareness to this issue so that we can get our cars fixed. Please anyone who reads these threads call Toyota customer service file complaints to these websites, lets hope for the best!
Toyota customer service 1800 331 4331 *have VIN # ready

Thanks! That's great! Maybe if we keep calling and bugging Toyota too. That's my next step...I'm going to keep calling Toyota, FTC, and NHTSA to see what the status is. I hate to be a pest but as the saying goes, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease." Plus, it's not something I can easily forget about--I have a very large reminder that is just sitting in my driveway, that I can't use, costing me money. Let's keep out fingers crossed...

G

Submitted a report to the NHTSA against 2004 Sequoia. Stabilizer bar/mount rusted from frame. Frame has a large hole where from stab bar should be welded to frame. Also contacted Toyota, but obviously don't expect them to do the correct thing, based on others responses. Hope NHTSA forces Toyota to correct the problem and make it right with current owners. Vehicle is unsafe. Should not be driven and can't be sold without disclosing, thus worth very little. Thanks Toyota.

E

EWCuz

Thanks everyone for posting about the rusted frames. I have an '02 Sequoia that did have the corrosion rust compound applied to it. I now have holes in the frame. I have contacted Toyota and also have written a complaint to the NHTSA, thanks to your recommendations. If anyone has any updates, I'd appreciate hearing them! Thanks again.

D

Don Martin

Can anyone give me an update as to what Toyota is doing for customers that have a 2006 Sequoia with a rusted frame. Has anyone had any luck getting their vehicle recalled or fixed under the CSP or LSC recall programs.

Thanks

J

Just D

I just filed complaints on the 2 government sites you listed. I called customer service at Toyota as well, and the nice man informed me that there would be no compensation for the defective frames. I guess we should not have banked on Toyota reliability.
Mine is a 2004, 161K, soon to be giant Sequoia paperweight. I'll be checking in, Thanks.

S

Steve evans

2004 sequoia.......passed the 2014 so called inspection and was coated with product that has now disappeared.....now have holes in the frame.......garbage.....Toyota customer service apologized but nothing they will do..........last Toyota for us.......really amazing as I can see some on the road 20 yrs older and frames look great......must have used some really poor steel

S

Steve evans

I just filed complaint with Ntsb .....lengthy but worth it....I encourage all to do it....10 minute phone call....

H

Hira

Filed complain with NHSTA for 2004 sequoia with Frame Rust, Very close to failing state inspection. Paint applied to the frame 3 years ago, but it peeled off after couple of months of the application.

G

Gwttnt

Submitted a report to the NHTSA against 2004 Sequoia. Stabilizer bar/mount rusted from frame. Frame has a large hole where from stab bar should be welded to frame. Also contacted Toyota, but obviously don't expect them to do the correct thing, based on others responses. Hope NHTSA forces Toyota to correct the problem and make it right with current owners. Vehicle is unsafe. Should not be driven and can't be sold without disclosing, thus worth very little. Thanks Toyota.

My 2004 Sequoia. Also has the ....Stabilizer bar/mount rusted from frame. Frame has a large hole where from stab bar should be welded to frame.

M

Matt - NC

Add another 2004 to the database. Please let us all know if there is any movement on class actions for 2001-2004 owners. I will happily join as a class rep.

J

Jersey James

Toyota is not interested. My 2003 Sequoia is rusted out. The rest of the truck is in terrific condition.

P

poeman

I have a 2002 Suquoia and just found out my frame is rotted out . Let me know if anyone knows of a solution to the problem and to Toyotas negligence of notification to their customers .