2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Rust Corrosion on Frame Condition LSC CSD

L

Linwood

I am willing to join a class action lawsuit. I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra with 5 holes in the frame.

K

Kevin

I have a 2003 Toyota that I bought about 6 months ago and just found out about the rust issue when the brake line failed with my pregnant self and two young children in the car. Luckily we were in a parking lot and no one was hurt, but the mechanic told us the frame was totally rusted out and unsafe. I would like to be added to the lawsuit please if there is one! Jullys Souza we need your contact I do!

I also have a 2002 sequoia with rusted frame. Can anything be done.?

K

Kevin McDowell

Same problem. I have a 2001 Sequoia that we bought new from the dealership. It has 140,000 miles. The dealer did the undercoating back in 2013-2014. Just found out that the frame has rusted away.

W

Warren

Just found out a few weeks ago that the frame on my 2002 Sequoia has rusted, after I took it to the same dealership where I have had it serviced (unless out of town) for the last 15 years, for some other maintenance. I have NEVER received a recall notice on this issue and despite an average of two to three routine maintenance trips to the dealership each year, this was never mentioned. Also, while at the dealership, they did not mention that this was apparently a common problem. I wasn't even aware that is was widespread problem until a friend at a body work shop mentioned it and I started researching. Happy to join any class actions that may be underway.

B

beth

My 2003 Sequoia has the same problem. Holes in the frame and steering being held on by 1 CM of steel! Need to totally junk it because was told that the next bump it hits could lose all my steering and cause an accident. Toyota dealer knew about this before the expiration date and only sprayed anti-corrosive on the under carriage. But it soon peeled off since it was sprayed on rust! Now the frame has a hole in it and is not fit to drive. If they would have addressed this properly and reported it to Toyota when they sprayed the rust protection, it would have beat the date. Now it is passed and I am pissed. They won't help me out!

B

beth

I have a 2004 sequoia that has been seen exclusively by the dealer. I am original owner, car has 67K miles. It was sprayed when re-call was first out, but our current pictures taken by three independent auto shops indicate that either it was sprayed over the rust OR it rusted from the inside out - the claim that has been made and proved by other class action. I have repeatedly asked Toyota for assistance with this - they said since I accepted the spraying (the only option offered at the dealer) I have no recourse. I am currently filing a small claims against the individual dealer because I believe they intentionally hid the other options and clearly lied about the rust. However, I believe this is a systematic, systemic, embedded practice by Toyota to make it as difficult as possible for consumers to know about and access either warranty enhancement programs or recalls. If anyone else would like to join a class action against Toyota for failing to provide service and compensation for this specific problem please feel free to indicate so and I will continue to approach lawyers in an attempt to get additional action from Toyota.

R

Rex A Holtz Sr

I have a 2002 Sequoia and a 2008 tundra which was inspected and found to be ok. 02 is rusted out and my tundra rusted now.

B

Ben Andrews

I have a 2002 Toyota Sequoia and just revived a phone call from the garage who are replacing a belt for me and they won't work on on the Sequoia as the rust is so bad. I would like to be kept in the loop if we have any way of getting this resolved...

Donald Faria

Has anything changed as far as 2001 and up on the years that can be covered?I have a 2002 sequoia but it seems that the trucks are mostly being paid attention to

Donald Faria

called toyota and my 2002 sequoia isn't covered so i'm SOL on this I guess. Don Can someone inform me about receipiants,I can't post cause I can't get past that..

Donald Faria

I have a 2002 Suquoia and just found out my frame is rotted out . Let me know if anyone knows of a solution to the problem and to Toyotas negligence of notification to their customers .
Please file a complaint with the National Highway safety board at 1-800-327-4236 and ODI.NHTCA.DOT./GOV/vehicle complaint.The more complaints the better

Donald Faria

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2003 Sequoia that just turned 100k miles last month, is in great shape and everyone that sees it thinks is brand new... well, not so much... my wife found a rusted out hole just above the back passenger side wheel, after doing a deeper look at it we saw that the whole frame is rotted out. I had the 2014 recall check and all the dealer told me is that they needed to do a coating in the undercarriage to prevent rust from the salt that is spread in Massachusetts after every snowfall and all they did was just the coating and never mentioned anything about the possibility of having the frame replaced.

After reading all 5 pages of posts in details i realize that there is nothing we can do to have this issue fixed by Toyota, so tomorrow I am contacting my attorney to see what it takes to start a class action law suit and would like as many names and information as possible to start the process.

I see that a lot of you guys have placed you names but i believe we will need more info from you all.

if anyone interested could send me your email and contact information I will have my attorney contact you guys to gather any additional information necessary.

hope to hear from as many of you as possible.
Julia How do I contact you,what is your e mail.mine is donjoycef@verizon.net and i'm in Mass.