1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2004-2009 Toyota Prius Combination Meter Warranty Extension ZTV

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Ro At

Ro At Guest

2. Aside from the fact that Toyota is screwing us all over in this regard, there is a way to fix this problem for just $150 or even maybe $5 if you are at all DIY inclined. Check out these two videos: (1) (2) . The first shows how to remove the combination meter and replace it with one ordered from an 3rd party source online. The second show how you may be able to repair the combination meter yourself by simply replacing a single capacitor. I had been dealing with this issue for over a year, but now I feel that I can fix it myself. I haven't tried either of the two things yet, but I plan to try the capacitor first and then the whole part.

3. Kat Hug

Kat Hug Guest

Thank you for all this great information. This just occurred on my 2009 Prius.
    Yes, my sweet car is now in a much colder climate (originated in South Florida and stayed there until 8 weeks ago) then it is used to. It seems from what someone else said that the cold climate causes this to occur. I really appreciate the advise about taking it directly to the Toyota Dealership to have them write up a service request because once we got the car to turn off it is now working properly. Maybe not tomorrow though.
    Love knowing there are wonderful people out there helping us all with such great advice. Thanks again.

4. curtis

curtis Guest

Great, Toyota must have had a reason to limit it to nine years. Mine started failing on the 10th year. F Toyota. Obviously the part is faulty, why aren't they being held accountable for crap parts? It also locks my key into the ignition since it can also effect the ability to turn the car off. i had to wait in a commuter lot this morning for almost any hour and watch each bus go by as i tried getting it to power off. My next car was going to be a Prius this summer, but I will get a Chevy Volt instead.