2004-2010 Toyota Sienna Power Sliding Door Cable Warranty Extension ZTS

G

Gary Canada

Bought a new Toyota sienna van in 2009. at 121K miles right rear door cable snapped and repair estimate in Canada $2500. I drove the van without using the passenger side rear sliding door for over a year.
Yesterday driver side rear door cable snapped and now both doors are stuck.
Huge safety issue hopefully some cool heads will prevail at Toyota. At least they can sell the OEM part at a discounted rate for this known issue which is their mess. They will not sell the cable as such and you have to buy the entire cable assembly for something like 1800-1900 per door.
SUCKS...Bought for the reputation of being a family van which will last ....Totally Heartbroken and Pissed

L

LV317

Damn. I am just under 38K miles on my 2016 Sienna (bought July 2015 so 3.5 yrs old). The cable is frayed and looks like it's about to snap. The door doesn't work. They're not going to touch it are they :(

L

LV317

Oops!! It's a 2015 Sienna with just under 38K miles and 3.5 yrs old.

Damn. I am just under 38K miles on my 2016 Sienna (bought July 2015 so 3.5 yrs old). The cable is frayed and looks like it's about to snap. The door doesn't work. They're not going to touch it are they :(

W

>:-( WrkngMom

My passenger side cable just broke two days ago and the door will not open at all.
The driver side broke last year and I was able to have that fixed under the warranty. Now have 121,325 miles, no warranty, and lack the funds to repair this problem. Has anyone tried to do this repair themselves?

G

G Franks NJ

SUBJECT: CUSTOMER SUPPORT PROGRAM (ZTS): WARRANTY ENHANCEMENT FOR REAR SLIDING DOOR LATCH ASSEMBLIES ON CERTAIN 2004-2010MY SIENNA VEHICLES AND POWER SLIDING DOOR CABLE ASSEMBLY ON CERTAIN 2004-2007MY SIENNA VEHICLES

Toyota has received reports of customer concerns regarding rear sliding doors that gradually become difficult to open or close in certain 2004-2010 model year Sienna vehicles. This is not a Recall, it is a Warranty Enhancement.

Although the Rear Sliding Door Latch Assemblies and the Power Sliding Door Cable Assembly are covered by Toyota’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first), Toyota is announcing a Customer Support Program (CSP) which will extend the warranty coverage for the following:

1) Rear Sliding Door Latch Assemblies - For certain 2004-2010MY Sienna vehicles equipped with a Manual or Power Sliding Door, the warranty coverage for the Rear Sliding Door Latch Assemblies will be extended to 9 years from the date-of-first-use or 120,000 miles (whichever occurs first).

2) Power Sliding Door Cable Assembly - For certain 2004-2007MY Sienna vehicles equipped with a Power Sliding Door, the warranty coverage for the Power Sliding Door Cable Assembly will be extended to 9 years from the date-of-first-use or 120,000 miles (whichever occurs first).

We've been driving our 200Toyota Sienna Limited with a broken cable for the left driver rear slider door as well for some time. Shame a recall doesn't come out, we keep hoping. Toyota does not care about time their faulty design until it's forced to...

H

Hugh

So, have all the cables stopped breaking? Almost a year since last comment. Anyway, this week it was my turn. 2010 model and passenger side door cable snapped. Snapped at a point that the covering was worn off and the cable had rusted. 255000 miles. Called Toyota and they say the extended warranty was only through October 2019 or 120000 miles, so no help to me. Not willing to try to fix it myself (my regular non-Toyota mechanic declined to work on it as it is painful), so paying $1300 for dealer to do it. And of course anticipating similar cost for the driver-side door some time soon.

L

Laws Geary

I bought a 04 Toyota Siena less then 9 days ago and my cable broke any idea on who can fix it I live in Tennyson Indiana

D

DSon

We have had 3 Honda Odyssey and all 3 had this same issue a $1000 to fix. Commenting because I noticed some of you said you would not buy Toyota and would buy Honda... unfortunately both have same issue.

M

Marti Hollender

I'm sorry to hear that this happened and for what its worth the newer Gen Sienna's have been relatively problem free.
Not true-my 2015 Sienna driver side sliding door cable snapped 3 months ago and having the same problems with the repair. I’ve had 6 Toyota’s over 40 years and this is not acceptable!