2005-2008 Toyota Tacoma Rust Corrosion on Frame LSC ESD

OishiiJPN

Staff member

Subject: Limited Service Campaign (LSC) ESD
2005-2008 Model Year Tacoma Vehicles Frame Inspection

In 2014, Toyota announced and rolled out a Limited Service Campaign (LSC E0D) for certain 2005-2008 model year Toyota Tacoma vehicles currently registered in specific cold climate areas with high road salt usage. Toyota is now announcing LSC ESD to also support Owners of vehicles that are not registered in cold climate states but believe their vehicle has been operated in cold climate regions where high road salt is frequently used and/or customers with concerns that vehicle's frame has more than normal corrosion.

LSC E0D covers vehicle currently registered in the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ,CA,CO, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, KS, LA, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, WA and WY.

Customers will have until March 31, 2016 to have the inspection performed on their vehicles frame.

Owners Notification letters will commence in early April 2015

Jack

there is same situation with Toyota Sequoia. I have 2004 Sequoia and i'm from Illinois. I do not see IL is included in this campaign? What people can do with their cars now????? Many complained they never received LSC note including myself.

Subject: Limited Service Campaign (LSC) ESD
2005-2008 Model Year Tacoma Vehicles Frame Inspection

In 2014, Toyota announced and rolled out a Limited Service Campaign (LSC E0D) for certain 2005-2008 model year Toyota Tacoma vehicles currently registered in specific cold climate areas with high road salt usage. Toyota is now announcing LSC ESD to also support Owners of vehicles that are not registered in cold climate states but believe their vehicle has been operated in cold climate regions where high road salt is frequently used and/or customers with concerns that vehicle's frame has more than normal corrosion.

LSC E0D covers vehicle currently registered in the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ,CA,CO, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, KS, LA, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, WA and WY.

Customers will have until March 31, 2016 to have the inspection performed on their vehicles frame.

Owners Notification letters will commence in early April 2015[/QUOTE]

Jack

there is same situation with Toyota Sequoia. I have 2004 Sequoia and i'm from Illinois. I do not see IL is included in this campaign? What people can do with their cars now????? Many complained they never received LSC note including myself.

D

diamondmask

This is from the toyotaframesettlement web site....

DATE/CLAIM PERIOD
The longer of either (a) twelve (12) years from the date the vehicle was originally sold or leased; or (b) one (1) year from the date of entry of the Final Order and Judgment.

So the deadline given above is in error. I bought my truck in 2008 so I have until 2020 to get it inspected.

Lewis

Staff member
This is from the toyotaframesettlement web site....

DATE/CLAIM PERIOD
The longer of either (a) twelve (12) years from the date the vehicle was originally sold or leased; or (b) one (1) year from the date of entry of the Final Order and Judgment.

So the deadline given above is in error. I bought my truck in 2008 so I have until 2020 to get it inspected.
diamindmask, you are confusing two separate rusted frame issues. This thread is for the 2005-2008 Tacoma and its warranty extension ESD.

The one you are referencing includes 3 models: 2005-2010 Toyota Tacoma, 2007-2008 Tundra, and 2005-2008 Sequoia
Toyota hasn't labeled this Recall/Warranty Extension yet, but when they do, we will keep everyone updated. This new one coming may also include some of the Tacoma's that were covered by the ESD warranty extension so we'll have to see.

C

Carlos

diamindmask, you are confusing two separate rusted frame issues. This thread is for the 2005-2008 Tacoma and its warranty extension ESD.

The one you are referencing includes 3 models: 2005-2010 Toyota Tacoma, 2007-2008 Tundra, and 2005-2008 Sequoia
Toyota hasn't labeled this Recall/Warranty Extension yet, but when they do, we will keep everyone updated. This new one coming may also include some of the Tacoma's that were covered by the ESD warranty extension so we'll have to see.
Do we know when this will come into effect my 2008 Tacoma frame is looking pretty bad