1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2006-2007 Toyota Highlander, 2004-2009 Prius Brake Actuator Warranty Extension ZG1

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by Lewis, May 31, 2016.

1. MG

MG Moderator Staff Member

I think so but it's best to check with your Toyota Dealer.

2. AthensGAPrius

AthensGAPrius New Member

Salvage Title- some owners have been turned down for the ZG1 because of the status of their title. Moderator input? is there fine print you can direct us to that mentions that?

3. MG

MG Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't think so but let me forward this to Lewis, if he hasn't seen it already.

Lewis likes this.
  4. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Staff Member

I can tell you at the Dealer where I work, if the vehicle has a Salvage/Rebuilt title that we will not perform an warranty extension on it. It's the same for the 3/36,000 or 5/60,000. Once its been "totaled", the manufacture standing behind any factory warranty is void. Reading links below...

When You Cannot Get Warranty for a Rebuilt Vehicle

Does a salvage title automatically void the warranty?

There's a reason people avoid these cars. The depreciation value, cannot obtain insurance or if you can it's at a much higher cost, they cannot be titled, cannot get it financed etc. Now there are unscrupulous people who do buy these cars to rebuild them in order to resell to unsuspecting buyers. These are the ones who get mad at the Dealer when we say no to a repair under a warranty extension policy. These policy adjustments are done for customer satisfaction reasons and not for people who want to flip cars for profit.

5 reasons to avoid salvage-title cars

5. MKMK

MKMK Guest

Hi.
    I own 2010 prius and I recently got abs, vcs, park and (!) lights on.
    I scanned and it was C1391 error, abnormal leak in accumulator.

I then found this thread and wondering if 2010 is also under secondary warranty or not.

Can anyone help me to find a letter from Toyota if there is on?

Thanx in advance.

6. Justin Doty

Justin Doty Guest

Any idea how these issues are reported to Toyota? I have a 2010 experiencing the exact same issues, but it's not covered under the warranty extension letter. I already called 1-800-331-4331 but was just informed that my car is not covered under warranty for this issue.

7. Sue Allred

Sue Allred Guest

8. Sue Allred

Sue Allred Guest

An update on this post...

after a couple of calls to Toyota headquarters and more discussions with our local mechanic, we called another Toyota dealership about 25 minutes from our home. While we still had not seen the special code again, the sound was still terrible and we continued to hold our breath every time we had to do any hard braking. The new dealership had us bring it in, immediately knew what the problem was and how to fix it.

It was repaired under the "expanded warranty" with no question. Needless to say, we will be driving out of our way to use this other dealership and singing their praises to anyone who will listen.