2006-2007 Toyota Highlander, 2004-2009 Prius Brake Actuator Warranty Extension ZG1

K

Karen

I am intersted in joining a class action lawsuit. Toyota has refused to honor the extended warranty for the brake actuator using insufficient codes as an excuse though All the codes come up. corporate is totally stonewalling us.

K

Karen

Hi Karen, I am interestted in forming a class action suit against Toyota for the same brake actutor warranty violation. If I may join you or you would like to form a group: I may be reached at ***-***-****

M

Molly Pearl

Hello. I just had to pay over $5,000 to replace the ABS actuator on our 2008 Highlander Hybrid. I found at least 76 identical complaints for this model year on the NHTSA carcomplaints.com website. I see that the 2006 and 2007 Highlander Hybrids, along with some Prius model years, had the same issue with the ABS and customers received reimbursement for the service. I humbly request that Toyota do the same for all of us who own 2008 Highlander Hybrids. This costly repair was a big financial hit for our family. We had bought the vehicle used last year and put our money into new brakes, new tires, and a 90K tune-up. I had sold my RAV4 to buy this larger car so that I could take our kids to school. My husband is on his second Prius. We are loyal Toyota customers. I had assumed that the Highlander would give us years of safe and trouble-free driving, just as my old RAV4 had been. I am so disappointed that Toyota is not covering the cost of replacing the ABS for the 2008 when it is obviously a safety hazard and a common issue with this model year as well. Please help.

V

Venky

OMG!! I have same actuator peoblem with my 2006 Toyota Hilander which i purchased from another non toyota dealerahip. Shouldnt they sell the car after checking all recall notifications?
I noticed this actuator noise few months ago ansd now the warranty extenaion is already lapsed and previous owner or previous dealership didn't get this rectified and sold the car.

If i check the recalls with VIN it doesn't show any recalls. my toyota dealership said they will check the vehicle and diagnose for $130 and if needs to be replaced then they will give the quote. Any suggesstion what i can do in this situation?

V

Venky

OMG!! I have same actuator peoblem with my 2006 Toyota Hilander which i purchased from another non toyota dealerahip. Shouldnt they sell the car after checking all recall notifications?
I noticed this actuator noise few months ago ansd now the warranty extenaion is already lapsed and previous owner or previous dealership didn't get this rectified and sold the car.

If i check the recalls with VIN it doesn't show any recalls. my toyota dealership said they will check the vehicle and diagnose for $130 and if needs to be replaced then they will give the quote. Any suggesstion what i can do in this situation?

K

Kdtx

C1241, C1252, C1256, C1300 AND C1391

These are the codes I got when I took my 2008 175k Prius gen 2 to the dealership. The dealer told me it was a brake booster that was broken. I tried to research brake booster but the results were very limited. I asked for the codes to be printed on my invoice to make sure I could get more info to search with. The statement showed, as I expected from reading these threads, that the brake actuator assembly was damaged and would have to be replaced. Quoted $2,787. North Texas area. I couldn’t pay that out of packet so I toyed with the idea of trading it in and up.... but knew that wouldn’t be the right thing to do. So I drove it home about 2 miles away and started trying to figure out the repair. My dads 30 year+-go-to auto shop found a $600 remanufactured part and would do the labor for 250. So I took it over. When he took it apart he couldn’t find a malfunctioning or broken part. He cleaned the inside and dried it out and chalked it up to moisture from recently driving through high water and didn’t feel the need to replace he part after driving it a couple days and the lights staying off. Fast forward 2.5 days since we got it back, the lights are back on ( ABS, BRAKE, ((!)) ). The high-pitched beep has returned but unlike previously it stops after a few seconds. So long story short. I am so happy to see people have had the same idea to sue/class action against Toyota. This issue could end up with someone being tried for vehicular manslaughter and the driver would be blamed because Toyota puts that little clause “
RECOMMEND TO REPLACE BRAKE ACTUATOR IN ORDER TO FURTHER DETERMINE IF VEHICLE HAS ANY OTHER POTENTIAL FAULTS.
Correction: NO FURTHER WORK PERFORMED, ADVISED CUSTOMER TO TOW OUT DUE TO VEHICLE BEING UNSAFE TO DRIVE - CUSTOMER DECLINED.” So what do we do next?

P

Pascael

I am intersted in joining a class action lawsuit. Toyota has refused to honor the extended warranty for the brake actuator using insufficient codes as an excuse though All the codes come up. corporate is totally stonewalling us.

Greetings, I am also interested in joining a class action lawsuit. I was told by my local Toyota dealership that my car's brake actuator has failed and needs replacement. I had my car serviced multiple times since 2016 for the check VHS and ABS indicator lights coming on but was told initially that the battery needed replacement and that the brake pads and braking system were okay. Post having the battery replaced I then in late 2017 had the car serviced again and expressed my concerns regarding the noisy sounds when applying the breaks and post the car being turned completely off for upwards. Once again I was told that the breaks were okay and they simply turned off all of the car's dashboard notifications. My car still performed the same for another year and now it has happened again. Post dropping it off at the dealership, I was informed that the brake actuator has failed.

Please note that the replacing of the battery erases all needed codes that would have left a trail of the reporting error codes needed to qualify for the warranty. I am seeing a trend of battery replacements for those that have made complaints as if this was a known issue but either poor root cause analysis was performed by the Toyota dealership personnel or purposely ignored for financial gain.

P

Pascael

Can someone post the address of Toyota USA that a person would use for a lawsuit? Toyota has several addresses and I need to get the right one....
Yes I'm suing them. Maybe more people should take them to court and they wouldn't get away with all the crap they do.

Greetings Shelly,

Can you please contact me regarding this issue as I also would like to file a formal lawsuit. Please let me know the best way to contact you.

Thank you in advance,

Pascael

T

Tino Delapena

I would also like to join the class action as my 2007 Highlander Hybrid did not meet the 10 yr even though it only has 120k miles. Toyota told me that c1256 and c1391 with all the light indicators will likely be a safety issue. I cant afford to pay 3k for the fix.

D

Dab Jerry

I do have same problems with Toyota Prius Extended Warranty.
Toyota Dealer refuse to repair faulty brake actuator.
I do have papers from Toyota Dealer to prove it.
Toyota Corporate office told me that Toyota will not fix my car and that I will have to suit them to got it fix.
I'm ready .

B

brian

Toyota putting in parts that are prone to fail is a major safety and liability issue. I have put 100's of Thousands of miles on vehicles and have never had issues like this without seeing a major RECALL to prevent accidents. Maybe Toyota owners need to look at another car manufacturer. Im thinking of dumping my prius and going with a civic. No advantage of good mileage is you are only going to spend you fuel savings money on outrageous repairs bills that should not be happening...

S

Stefon

Can anyone help, my car is now experiencing this problem. It's an amazing car and would love to keep it running. I live all the way in south america. (Prius 2007)

M

msmarbles

I have a 2007 Highlander Hybrid with this problem. Dealer said it's not covered and will cost $2000. I see 2008+ are covered now but not 2007? Is there a class action?

D

David C.

I want to join this lawsuit. My 2009 Prius brake actuator failed. I bought the Prius used, and took it to a dealership veggie I bought it. They told me it was mechanically sound. Come to find out, the brake actuator had been failing since before I even acquired the car. Now They won't fix it without a huge repair bill.
I live in the us.

M

Michael

I’m also going through this with my 2007 Prius. Ridiculous. Has anyone gotten the ball rolling on taking legal action?

M

Michael

Here is a link to a recent existing lawsuit for the same brake accumulator issues but with 2010-2015 models. It says in the complaint that the "Affected Vehicles include at least the 2010–2015 Prius and Prius PHV". I believe there are over 1 million petitions attached to the claim so this might be a good resource to pursue. As I mentioned in the previous post I drive a 2007 Prius.

Article: https://www.classaction.org/news/to...-fix-braking-system-defect-in-hybrid-vehicles
Complaint Filed: https://www.classaction.org/media/hendricks-v-toyota-motor-corpration-et-al.pdf

H

Holly Griffin

Toyota needs to do another recall on their 2007 Toyota Highlander hybrid limited actutators cause it's a safety issue and now the recall warranty is gone and my vsc,abs,brake and traction control light is on and hard to press my brakes and found out that the recall warranty is expired. I know alot of people who are experiencing the same problems and can't get theirs fixed either. I don't have 1,000's of dollars to get this fixed. I'm disabled and this is are only means of transportation. Please Toyota do another recall for the safety of Toyota owners before someone's life is taking by this problem.