2006-2012 Toyota Rav4 Rear Differential Warranty Extension LSC ZF4

E

Elmer Doctolero

Subject: Warranty Enhancement Program – ZF4
2006 – 2012 RAV4 4WD vehicles Extension of Warranty Coverage for Rear Differential Coupling Growl Noise

In our continuing efforts to help ensure the best in customer satisfaction, Toyota is announcing a Warranty Enhancement Program to extend the warranty coverage for Rear Differential Coupling Growl Noise on 2006-2012 model year RAV4 4WD vehicles.

In some of these vehicles, Toyota has received some reports that the vehicle may exhibit a growl type noise from the rear differential coupling when driving due to contamination of the front bearing.

Although the Rear Differential Assembly is covered by Toyota’s New Vehicle Limited Powertrain Warranty for 5 years or 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first), we at Toyota care about our customers’ ownership experience. Toyota is now extending the warranty coverage for Rear Differential Coupling Growl Noise in the covered vehicles.

Owner Notification Letter Mailing Date:
The owner notification will commence in early January, 2015 and will be mailed over several months.

Warranty Enhancement Program Details:
This Warranty Enhancement Program provides a Primary and Secondary coverage to the vehicle’s “New Vehicle Limited Powertain Warranty” as it applies to the Rear Differential Assembly. The specific condition covered by this program is Rear Differential Coupling Growl Noise.

The Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement until April 30, 2017, regardless of mileage.
• After the Primary Coverage, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 9 years from the date of first use, regardless of mileage.

Please note:
• This coverage is for warranty work performed at an authorized Toyota dealer only.
• Damage incurred from abuse, an accident, vandalism or non-warrantable causes are not covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty or this Warranty Enhancement Program.

There are approximately 670,000 Vehicles covered by this Warranty Enhancement Program.

Hello - Classic Toyota Waukegan, IL don't want to perform the repair for FREE of my Toyota RAV4 2008 because I missed the enhancement date until April 30,2017. Would you please explain the process of this program.

OishiiJPN

Staff member
Hello - Classic Toyota Waukegan, IL don't want to perform the repair for FREE of my Toyota RAV4 2008 because I missed the enhancement date until April 30,2017. Would you please explain the process of this program.
The process is that for the repair to be covered at no charge your vehicle must meet these two requirements..

The Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement until April 30, 2017, regardless of mileage.
• After the Primary Coverage, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 9 years from the date of first use, regardless of mileage.

If you missed the April 2017 Unlimited coverage, then your DOFU (Date Of First Use)=Date the vehicle was first purchased from the original Dealer by the original owner, must be under 9 years. HTH