2007-2011 Toyota Sienna, Highlander and Venza Engine Oil Cooler Pipe Leak LSC ZE2

L

Leslie

My 2008 very clean Highlander just had this problem last night during a heave thunderstorm. I took my vehicle to my mechanic who immediately diagnosed the issue. He stated that I lost 3 quarts of oil and got there just in time, seems no damage to the issue. I called Toyota after seeing that this was an issue with Highlanders, and other Toyota models. The representative from Toyota did a vin check and stated that my vehicle was not included in the recall. Wonder why!! I'm going to send in my receipt in hopes that I will be compensated for this issue that should have been solved by recall!

L

Leslie

Did you send your receipt into Toyota? I had my 2009 Highland experience this same issue and was lucky to make it home after the oil light came on. Toyota called me back today and said my vehicle was "placed into use" 12/8/2008 therefore my warranty is expired. I am a 2nd owner and knew nothing about this warranty extension. All they could say is "sorry". Oil is ALL OVER THE PLACE! so towing to shop to get fixed.

S

steven

My 2008 very clean Highlander just had this problem last night during a heave thunderstorm. I took my vehicle to my mechanic who immediately diagnosed the issue. He stated that I lost 3 quarts of oil and got there just in time, seems no damage to the issue. I called Toyota after seeing that this was an issue with Highlanders, and other Toyota models. The representative from Toyota did a vin check and stated that my vehicle was not included in the recall. Wonder why!! I'm going to send in my receipt in hopes that I will be compensated for this issue that should have been solved by recall!
I've owned a 2011 Sienna for 9 and half years and driven around 84K.I drove it last Friday afternoon and it was smooth at the beginning and then I smelt a burning smell. after minutes, no oil pressure alert light was on, I pulled off my car to a nearby parking lot and checked my engine and found it leaked all the oil with nothing left. I made appointment today's morning for check and was told my car got a broken Oil Cooler Pipe that was covered under ZE2 and I needed to pay nothing. I recommend all the others having the same issues pulling their cars to a local dealer for quick and worry-free service!

BGroot

I've owned a 2011 Sienna for 9 and half years and driven around 84K.I drove it last Friday afternoon and it was smooth at the beginning and then I smelt a burning smell. after minutes, no oil pressure alert light was on, I pulled off my car to a nearby parking lot and checked my engine and found it leaked all the oil with nothing left. I made appointment today's morning for check and was told my car got a broken Oil Cooler Pipe that was covered under ZE2 and I needed to pay nothing. I recommend all the others having the same issues pulling their cars to a local dealer for quick and worry-free service!
This is because your Sienna fell under the secondary portion: The Secondary Coverage is applicable for 10 years from the (DOFU) Date Of First Use or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first. I'm happy for you! :)

D

Derek Pearson

I’ll add to the saga. 2008 highlander here with 93k miles. Wife was driving, engine sounded wierd, then low oil pressure light came on. Luckily she was just a few blocks from home, pulled over. I took a look, determined I thought it was probably the oil cooler lines, had it towed to dealer. $560 later, oil cooler line replaced. My highlander was first in service 12/17, so I was over time, but under miles. I called Toyota cust service and they said they would not reimburse at all, not even consider a goodwill. I don’t know how this company got away with letting an obvious defect be dealt with by a warranty extension vs a recall. If my wife had been on the freeway and could t pull over safely this could have been driving an engine with no oil, leading to engine failure! If anyone has news on class action I think it should be considered.

D

Derek Pearson

I had the same thing happen to me with my 2008 Highlander in 4/19 w/ 125,000. Dropped all the oil on the freeway and blew my motor w/o indication of oil being low. Was with my handicapped friend and am considering a lawsuit against Toyota if they will not make me whole. This is dangerous as I lost brakes and power-steering. VERY DANGEROUS SAFETY ISSUE TOYOTA. Do the right thing before someone dies from your flawed design. Anyone interested in joining forces please email me at derekspearson@gmail.com