1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2010-2014 Prius Excessive Oil Consumption on 2ZR-FXE Engine

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Lewis, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Jeff Pierce

Jeff Pierce New Member

My '13 Prius V is burning oil at about 1.5 quarts/1K miles -- alarming!
    In the case of the warrantee extension for the Camrys, RAVs, Corollas, etc., how long was it extended? (miles/months)

MG likes this.
  2. MG

MG Moderator Staff Member

What Toyota does usually is to issue a warranty extension for a "Primary" coverage time and then for a "Secondary" coverage time. The Primary time will allow any and all owners to have their vehicles repaired while the secondary time tries to catch all the stranglers.

In the case of the Camry oil consumption warranty extension the coverage was as follows...

The Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement until October 31, 2016 regardless of mileage.

The Secondary Coverage is applicable for 10 years from the (DOFU) Date Of First Use or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

3. Jeff Pierce

Jeff Pierce New Member

Hi MG. Thanks for the info. A couple of follow up questions if I may:

1) Did the warrantee cover only original owners? (I'm the second owner of this car.)
    2) I'm at 116K miles now. I've been documenting this high oil usage since I bought the car @ 93K miles, 9 months ago. Would it be advisable to get an Oil Consumption Test done at the dealer now to help support my claim?

Thanks in advance.

MG likes this.
  4. MG

MG Moderator Staff Member

1) It covers the vehicle itself regardless of the owner----it doesn't matter if your the first or one millionth owner
    2) It couldn't hurt

5. Jeff Pierce

Jeff Pierce New Member