2010-2014 Prius Excessive Oil Consumption on 2ZR-FXE Engine

B

Brian

We have the same issue with a 2012 Prius V, noticed amount of oil coming out of engine during oil change was becoming less. Finally the last oul change I started monitoring oil level regularly. Using over a quart every thousand. Has anyone looked into what it takes to start a class actionlawsuit? Anyone know what firm handled the Rav 4 and Camery Lawsuit? Obviously they know the process.

B

Bobcat

I have a 2010 Prius, only 86k miles and ran out of oil after 4000 miles since last oil change. I had regular oil changes and service on car. This is completely unacceptable. There should be a class action suit. This was my first and now last Toyota I will ever buy. These people have no honor.

P

PGCorky

We bought our Prius V new in 2012 and it never needed the oil to be topped up between changes. That all changed at 102,000 miles. The check engine light came on and I was stunned to find no sign of oil on the dip stick. I believe I put in 3 quarts at the time just to get to the bottom of the stick. Took it to our mechanic and they told us that the codes thrown indicate a low oil condition. Here we are at 112,000 miles and adding oil every 700 miles. We're going to the dealership for the software recall (18V-684) and have asked them to diagnose the oil consumption issue. I'm prepared to receive the bad news i.e. your rings are shot and we can fix it for $4,000. Next will come my letter writing campaign starting with the CEO of Toyota North America - Jim Lentz. Should be a straightforward letter. "If you don't stand behind your vehicles, I'll never own another. Every person I know will hear about my trouble with Toyota."

M

Mindy Andes

I am having same issue with this engine. 2013 Prius 112,000 miles last oil change was 5,000 miles ago. I had put 1 quart in a week before oil change. It was gone at oil change. Mechanic looked for leaks, but nothing. Toyota needs to address and fix this issue.
I emailed Toyota and will be calling today.
Anyone who gets a positive response let me know.
I am all for a lawsuit to remedy this.

M

Mindy Andes

I am having same issue with this engine. 2013 Prius 112,000 miles last oil change was 5,000 miles ago. I had put 1 quart in a week before oil change. It was gone at oil change. Mechanic looked for leaks, but nothing. Toyota needs to address and fix this issue.
I emailed Toyota and will be calling today.
Anyone who gets a positive response let me know.
I am all for a lawsuit to remedy this.
Toyota said nothing they can do, it will be my expense to repair it.