2010 Toyota Prius Brake Booster Pump Assembly Recall D0H

OishiiJPN

Staff member

TORRANCE, Calif. (June 4, 2013) – Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., today announced that it will conduct a voluntary safety recall involving approximately 87,000 model year 2010 Toyota Prius .

Recall Letter #1

Recall Letter #2

Recall Letter #3

Recall Instructions

The involved vehicles are equipped with a brake pressure accumulator that may develop a fatigue crack on an internal part due to vibration. Toyota has had no reports of any accidents or injuries associated with this condition.

Owners of vehicles subject to this recall will receive a notification by first class mail. The recall remedy will involve inspection of the brake booster pump assembly to see if it is equipped with an involved accumulator. If so, the dealer will replace the brake booster pump assembly with an improved one at no cost to the customer.

Detailed information is available to customers at
www.toyota.com/recall, the Toyota Customer Experience at 1-800-331-4331.

Last edited:
D

DAVID HAWKES

I HAVE A 2010 PRIUS THAT APPEARS TO HAVE THE SYMPTOMS THAT REQUIRES THE BRAKE BOOSTER TO BE REPAIRED. THERE APPEARS TO BE A RECALL ON THIS MODEL FOR THIS ISSUE, BUT I AM NOT FINDING A LISTING FOR IT. CAN YOU PLEASE ADVISE WHAT MY OPTIONS ARE?

G

Gabriel Guzman

TORRANCE, Calif. (June 4, 2013) – Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., today announced that it will conduct a voluntary safety recall involving approximately 87,000 model year 2010 Toyota Prius .

Recall Letter #1

Recall Letter #2

Recall Letter #3

Recall Instructions

You can check the status of any Recall on your Toyota here.

The involved vehicles are equipped with a brake pressure accumulator that may develop a fatigue crack on an internal part due to vibration. Toyota has had no reports of any accidents or injuries associated with this condition.

Owners of vehicles subject to this recall will receive a notification by first class mail. The recall remedy will involve inspection of the brake booster pump assembly to see if it is equipped with an involved accumulator. If so, the dealer will replace the brake booster pump assembly with an improved one at no cost to the customer.

Detailed information is available to customers at
www.toyota.com/recall, the Toyota Customer Experience at 1-800-331-4331.
i have A 2010 Prius, i am experiencing the brake booster problem described above I called Toyota but they refused to fix it even thou the recall is described as a safety recall. Need advise case 2005052305