1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2011-2013 Toyota Camry and Sienna Overhead Console Switch Warranty Extension ZG5

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by Lewis, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Staff Member

Warranty Enhancement Letter ZG5
    Subject: Warranty Enhancement Program – ZG5
    2012 Model Year Camry and Camry Hybrid
    2011 – 2013 Model Year Sienna
    Extension of Warranty Coverage for Overhead Console Switch Assembly

In our continuing efforts to ensure the best in customer satisfaction, Toyota is announcing a Warranty Enhancement Program to extend the warranty coverage on the Overhead Console Switch Assembly on Certain 2012 Model Year Camry, Camry Hybrid, and Certain 2011 – 2013 Model Year Sienna vehicles.

Background Toyota has received a number of reports regarding the Overhead Console Switch Assembly operation in Certain 2012 Model Year Camry, Camry Hybrid, and Certain 2011 – 2013 Model Year Sienna vehicles. In these reports, customers have indicated the switches become inoperative or require excessive pressure to operate. Although the Overhead Console Switch Assembly is covered by Toyota’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first), we at Toyota care about the customers’ ownership experience. Toyota is now extending the warranty coverage for repairs related to Overhead Console Switch Assemblies that have become inoperative or require excessive pressure to operate.

Warranty Enhancement Program Details
    This Warranty Enhancement Program provides enhanced coverage to the vehicle’s “New Vehicle Limited Warranty” as it applies to the Overhead Console Switch Assembly. The specific condition covered by this program is an Overhead Console Switch Assembly that is inoperative or requires excessive pressure to operate. If the condition is verified, the vehicle will be repaired with a new Overhead Console Switch Assembly under the terms of this Warranty Enhancement Program*.

• The Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement September 30, 2018, regardless of mileage.
    • After the Primary Coverage, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 9 years from the date of first use or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Covered Vehicles:
    There are approximately 421,800 vehicles covered by this Warranty Enhancement Program. There are 1,060 vehicles distributed to Puerto Rico covered by this Warranty Enhancement Program.

Remedy Procedures:
    Technical instructions for this warranty extension program for Camry vehicles can be found in T-SB-0116-14.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the condition?

Toyota has received a number of reports regarding the Overhead Console Switch Assembly operation in Certain 2012 Model Year Camry, Camry Hybrid, and Certain 2011 – 2013 Model Year Sienna vehicles. In these reports, customers have indicated the switches become inoperative or require excessive pressure to operate.

What is Toyota going to do?
    Toyota will send (in phases consistent with parts availability and repair capacity) starting in late March 2017, an owner notification by first class mail advising owners of this Warranty Enhancement Program.

If the owner experiences the condition described above, he/she should contact a local authorized Toyota dealership for diagnosis. If the condition is verified, the dealer will replace the Overhead Console Switch Assembly with a new one at NO CHARGE to the customer.

How many vehicles are covered by this Warranty Enhancement Program?
    There are approximately 421,800 vehicles covered by this Warranty Enhancement Program.

What are the details of this coverage?
    This Warranty Enhancement Program provides enhanced coverage to the vehicle’s “New Vehicle Limited Warranty” as it applies to Overhead Console Switch Assembly. If the condition is verified, the vehicle will be repaired with a new Overhead Console Switch Assembly under the terms of this Warranty Enhancement Program.

The Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement September 30, 2018, regardless of mileage.
    After the Primary Coverage, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 9 years from the date of first use or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Which part(s) are covered by this Warranty Enhancement Program?
    The specific component covered by this warranty extension is as follows: Overhead Console Switch Assembly

2. BTaylor

BTaylor Guest

The technician has just diagnosed this issue in my 2013 Sienna but says it is not covered by this warranty extension - why would this be?

Lewis likes this.
  3. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Staff Member

I don't know why but you need to contact Toyota and get them involved. You could also have the Dealer run your VIN number in TIS and that will tell you if your Sienna is included.

4. BTaylor

BTaylor Guest

Thanks. Spoke with Toyota. Even though my Sienna is May 2013 and has the same overhead console issue, my VIN is not part of the Warranty program here. They have given me a case number but it's unlikely I'll ever be reimbursed the $400. I do have a chance of being reimbursed for the money I spent fixing my sliding door before it became a recall, so perhaps not totally aware of time calling them.

5. Dennis

Dennis Guest

I had already paid to have this repaired before the recall came out. How do I get reimbursed?

MG likes this.
  6. MG

MG Moderator Staff Member

If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact the Toyota Customer Assistance Center at 1-888-270-9371 Monday through Friday, 5:00 am to 6:00 pm, or Saturday 7:00 am through 4:00 pm Pacific Time

Repair Order or Invoice must include the following information -
    Mileage on the date that the repair order was created
    Itemized breakdown of labor charges for each repair performed
    Detailed diagnosis statement

Proof-of-Payment Only the Following Items are Valid Proof-of Payment
    Copy of a cancelled check
    Copy of a Signed Credit Card Receipt
    Copy of a Credit Card Statement - (If Paid By Cash) Letter from Repair Facility, on company letterhead, signed by the manager, verifying the amount paid by cash

Proof-of-Ownership Only the following items are Valid Proof-of-Ownership
    Copy of the Bill of Sale
    Copy of the Title with Name, Address and Phone Number printed on all documents

Detailed diagnosis statement must answer the following three questions:
    1. Why was the vehicle brought into the repair facility?
    2. What was the repair facility’s diagnosis?
    3. What did the repair facility do to correct the concern?