OishiiJPN

Staff member

Subject: Warranty Enhancement Program ZG6
2011 Model Year Tundra and Sequoia Vehicles
Extension of Warranty Coverage for Air Injection Pumps and Air Switching Valves

In our continuing efforts to ensure the best in customer satisfaction, Toyota is announcing a Warranty Enhancement Program to extend the warranty coverage for Air Injection Pumps and Air Switching Valves on Certain 2011 Model Year Tundra and Sequoia vehicles.

Background:
Toyota has received a number of reports regarding Air Injection Pumps and Air Switching Valves in certain 2011 Model Year Tundra and Sequoia Vehicles. In these reports, customers have indicated concerns regarding the illumination of the check engine light (Malfunction Indicator Light) due to moisture/water in the Air Injection Pumps and/or Air Switching Valves.

Although the Air Injection Pumps and Air Switching Valves are covered by Toyota’s New Vehicle Limited Basic Warranty* for 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first) and by the California Emission Warranty* for 7 years or 70,000 miles (whichever comes first), we at Toyota care about the customers’ ownership experience. Toyota is now extending the warranty coverage for repairs related to illumination of the check engine light (Malfunction Indicator Light) due to moisture/water in the Air Injection Pumps and/or Air Switching Valves.

The following information is provided to inform you and your staff of the program notification schedule and your degree of involvement.

Warranty Enhancement Program Details:
This Warranty Enhancement Program provides enhanced coverage to the vehicle’s “New Vehicle Limited Basic Warranty” as it applies to the Air Injection Pumps and Air Switching Valves. The specific condition covered by this program is illumination of the check engine light (Malfunction Indicator Light) due to moisture/water in the Air Injection Pumps and/or Air Switching Valves. If the condition is verified, the vehicle will be repaired with new Air Injection Pumps and Switching Valves under the terms of this Warranty Enhancement Program.

This Warranty Enhancement Program offers coverage for 10 Years from the Date of First Use or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Covered Vehicles:
There are approximately 108,000 Vehicles covered by this Warranty Enhancement Program. There are
approximately 200 vehicles distributed to Puerto Rico covered by this Warranty Enhancement Program.

Owner Letter Mailing Date:
Toyota will begin to notify owners in mid-June 2017 and will be mailed over several months.

G

Glenn

I am interested in the warranty extension as I have had problems in the past and present with the secondary air system. How do I go about getting the warranty. I still have not received any info from Toyota.

OishiiJPN

Staff member
I am interested in the warranty extension as I have had problems in the past and present with the secondary air system. How do I go about getting the warranty. I still have not received any info from Toyota.
You don't need any paperwork from Toyota, just take your Tundra into the Dealer. Let them know what concerns you are having and if your vehicle qualifies for this warranty extension, they will then fix it.

D

DaveH

I had the P0418 code on my 2012 Tundra with 4.6L engine. I took it to the dealer and they quoted me $3362 to repair the secondary air intake system. They didn't do much troubleshooting as they want to replace both pumps, both valves, and both drivers. Disappointed with Toyota engineering. This is a know problem with the Tudras and they have extended the warranties to cover this system up to the 2011 models. Toyota needs to step up and cover the 2012 models as well.

2011 Tundra

Our 2011 Tundra has 154,000 miles and this goes out!!! Over $2000.00 to repair. Just got our estimate a few days ago. Now I find out this is a pretty common problem! This is ridiculous!!!

2011 Tundra

So when you're driving down the interstate and lose power no big deal. Toyota knew it was an issue but too bad you're 4,000 miles out of warranty. Sorry about your luck. That'll be $2000.00 out of pocket!!

2011 Tundra

And what do you do when Toyota shorts you $611.00 on the estimate because they forgot to charge for 2 of the same part? They fix it and call you with the total after they've done the repair.

2011 Tundra

And another thing how in the heck is it legal to charge 6 hours of labor when you only had the vehicle for 4 hours and then you're gonna charge me tax on those 2 hours?? This is the worst customer care I've ever seen!! Not happy with Toyota at all!!

Lewis

Staff member
And another thing how in the heck is it legal to charge 6 hours of labor when you only had the vehicle for 4 hours and then you're gonna charge me tax on those 2 hours?? This is the worst customer care I've ever seen!! Not happy with Toyota at all!!
Six hours? You got a Deal! I usually charge the customer 8 hours, that makes up for all the times that Toyota got over on me for low warranty times. ;)

MG

Six hours? You got a Deal! I usually charge the customer 8 hours, that makes up for all the times that Toyota got over on me for low warranty times. ;)
Just ignore lewis, he just gets grumpy. If the Dealer quoted you a price for the repair then you should hold them to it and not let them change it after they start/finish. You should talk with the Service Director and have them eat the additional cost. Make them stick to the original repair quote.

N

Nick Parker

2011 Toyota Tundra 4.6 V8 Doublecab

New to the forum
Just had the P0419 Code appear on my truck. Truck has roughly 106k miles on it and was bought certified preowned in August 2015. Hoping that this letter means my truck is covered. Where can I find the official notice from Toyota or what should I mention when talking to the dealer? Thanks

Nick

S

Shane Tiernan

I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra that had the Air Pump Assembly code (P0419 & P2447) come up in March 2013. Findlay Toyota in Henderson, NV made the repair under the Toyota HQ extended warranty. Well guess what? The error code is back and the pumps failed and indicate moisture. Toyota said too bad, you're screwed since the repair is five years old. They have NOT re-engineered this part/fix. You will have to do it again. The repair is a band-aid. Toyota needs to be sued in a class action. This repair is now going to be $4,000. The recommendation from another dealer was to clear the code and trade it in (somewhere else of course). Toyota HQ is absolutely pathetic.

C

Chuck Parris

I had the P0418 code on my 2012 Tundra with 4.6L engine. I took it to the dealer and they quoted me $3362 to repair the secondary air intake system. They didn't do much troubleshooting as they want to replace both pumps, both valves, and both drivers. Disappointed with Toyota engineering. This is a know problem with the Tudras and they have extended the warranties to cover this system up to the 2011 models. Toyota needs to step up and cover the 2012 models as well.

C

Chuck Parris

I too have a 2012 Tundra 4.6 truck. The same code P0418 came up. Why would the 2011 be covered and not the 2012. Same engine, practically same truck. I'm sure Toyota has experienced this problem (probably a moisture issue) on many 2012s. Thank you.

RichN

I have the same issue on my 2012 tundra - is there a site anyone can recommend where we can plead for an extension of the warranty that covers 2011 tundras to the 2012 trucks?

William Downs

I bought a 2011 5.7L in August from a small private dealer. Now has 130k miles.

Just had the engine code P2443 for bank2 valve stuck closed come in last week.

this thread looks promising that the warranty might cover me but I can't find any publication online from Toyota that says they are extending it to model year 2011? Latest I could find was POL11-05, which only covers 2008-2010 for 10 years/150k.

I called my local Toyota dealer and they won't tell me anything unless I bring it in for a diagnosis (which they want to charge me $125 for). Does someone have a link to a formal Toyota update that extends warranty issue to 2011 models?

thanks
Will