1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2012–2014 Model Year Prius V Intelligent Power Module (IPM) Warranty Extension ZF5

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Jun 5, 2016.

1. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Moderator Staff Member

Subject: Warranty Enhancement Program – ZF5
    Certain 2012 – 2014 Model Year Prius V Extension of Warranty Coverage to the Intelligent Power Module (IPM)

This warranty enhancement provides coverage for 15 years with no mileage limitation from the date of first use.

In our continuing efforts to ensure the best in customer satisfaction, Toyota is announcing a Warranty Enhancement Program to extend the warranty coverage for repairs related to failure of the Intelligent Power Module (IPM). The vehicles covered under this Warranty Enhancement must first have Safety Recall F0R (launched in late July, 2015) performed (if applicable).

In these vehicles, Toyota has received some reports where the Intelligent Power Module (IPM) located inside the inverter assembly of the hybrid system may fail. This condition is indicated by hybrid system diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs): P0A94, P324E, P3004, and/or P0A1A. If one or more of these DTCs are detected, various warning lamps on the instrument panel will also illuminate and the vehicle will enter fail safe mode.

Although the Hybrid Inverter assembly is covered by Toyota’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 8 years or 100,000 miles (whichever occurs first), we at Toyota care about the customers’ ownership experience. Toyota is now extending the warranty coverage for repairs related to failure of the Intelligent Power Module (IPM).

Covered Vehicles:
    There are approximately 108,600 certain 2012-2014 model year Prius V vehicles covered by this Warranty Enhancement Program.

Owner Letter Mailing Date:
    Toyota will begin to notify owners in June, 2016.

2. I have a 2013 Prius V which just had an IPM failure, thankfully after I had parked. I was told that there was a mileage limit on the warranty. I have had all recalls that I was notified of done since I bought the car new. How do I get the warranty listed as "extended" or "enhanced"? I would also like to make sure that the new IPM is a corrected new unit, not just a replacement from the old stock. What do I look for or ask to verify that? My car is being worked on today and hopefully will be completed by end of day.
    thank you.
    Harvey

3. Harvey Wilson

Harvey Wilson New Member

I posted the question above. I have now joined the forum. Please send a response to me directly, if possible.
    thank you,
    Harvey Wilson