2012-2014 Camry Transmission Shudder Software Update LSC E03 w/ Warranty Extension ZE5

Glenn

The original software update under LSC E03 was never performed on my 2012 Camry LE. The shudder just started at about 76,000 miles. I have an appointment at my local dealer next week. If the TQ needs replacement, will there be a problem with coverage by the ZE5 Warranty Enhancement?

F

Faisal

Hi guys , i have Camry SE 2012 , i had same issues TC . i had 148 m on it and start shuddering i went to two different Toyota dealership in VA , one was extremely helpful and one was really bad totally explaining me different story . i went 2nd time again to good one Toyota leesburg VA they fixed my TC and gave Toyota rent vehicle for 3 days . all because of good Toyota dealership and service advisor . Thank you Toyota leesburg VA .
Please guys when you call Toyota services always remember to mention ZE5 warranty program .
and explain your problem in details with service advisor .

M

Mark D.

I have a 2012 Camry SE and I had the warranty work/recall on the TC back on 11/18/2014 with 45,500 miles. at that time, I was not experiencing any shuttering. here it is 4.5 years later and I am feeling the shaking. I have talked with the dealer in Kansas City Kansas and they acted as if they will fix it under the warranty. I hope so, I now have 175,000 miles on it and certainly don't want to put the cost of a transmission into this old or a vehicle.

D

Dan1234

Just had my 2012 Camry TC replaced due to SHUDDER, at 88,000 miles. No problems. Toyota provided a rental car. All no charge.

Hey Bernie, would you mind explaining in your issue prior of shudder to the repair? Reading the comments above scare me to even get a repair; i just don't want my issue to get it worst you know? Thanks in advance.

A

Anthony Sanchez

I just dropped off my 2012 Toyota Camry and they're going to do the torque converter but he said that's all he's going to do and I just got off the phone with corporate and they said that they had to put the magnet and also dropped a pan to get the magnet in there and change out the gasket and fluid and he is telling me that is not on this warranty I said I just got off the phone with corporate customer service and they said they need to change the gasket and the fluid and put a another magnet inside the pan to catch the rest of metal particles he's told me that he is only going to do the torque converter this does not make any sense so do I got to go over there and fight with him not actually fist fight but argue right now it's at the Toyota dealership in Oak Lawn Illinois just want to know what I need to do to rectify the situation

BGroot

I just dropped off my 2012 Toyota Camry and they're going to do the torque converter but he said that's all he's going to do and I just got off the phone with corporate and they said that they had to put the magnet and also dropped a pan to get the magnet in there and change out the gasket and fluid and he is telling me that is not on this warranty I said I just got off the phone with corporate customer service and they said they need to change the gasket and the fluid and put a another magnet inside the pan to catch the rest of metal particles he's told me that he is only going to do the torque converter this does not make any sense so do I got to go over there and fight with him not actually fist fight but argue right now it's at the Toyota dealership in Oak Lawn Illinois just want to know what I need to do to rectify the situation
Anthony, I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Dealer. The warranty extension is named ZE5 and in those instructions, page 2 step 5, it references T-SB-0034-14. Those are the instruction that the Technician is supposed to follow. They should replace the torque converter, remove the pan to replace the magnets and then reprogram the ECM. Show the Dealer these pages and you should be good.... ZE5 and the TSB