2012-2014 Camry Transmission Shudder Software Update LSC E03 w/ Warranty Extension ZE5

Glenn

The original software update under LSC E03 was never performed on my 2012 Camry LE. The shudder just started at about 76,000 miles. I have an appointment at my local dealer next week. If the TQ needs replacement, will there be a problem with coverage by the ZE5 Warranty Enhancement?

F

Faisal

Hi guys , i have Camry SE 2012 , i had same issues TC . i had 148 m on it and start shuddering i went to two different Toyota dealership in VA , one was extremely helpful and one was really bad totally explaining me different story . i went 2nd time again to good one Toyota leesburg VA they fixed my TC and gave Toyota rent vehicle for 3 days . all because of good Toyota dealership and service advisor . Thank you Toyota leesburg VA .
Please guys when you call Toyota services always remember to mention ZE5 warranty program .
and explain your problem in details with service advisor .

M

Mark D.

I have a 2012 Camry SE and I had the warranty work/recall on the TC back on 11/18/2014 with 45,500 miles. at that time, I was not experiencing any shuttering. here it is 4.5 years later and I am feeling the shaking. I have talked with the dealer in Kansas City Kansas and they acted as if they will fix it under the warranty. I hope so, I now have 175,000 miles on it and certainly don't want to put the cost of a transmission into this old or a vehicle.

D

Dan1234

Just had my 2012 Camry TC replaced due to SHUDDER, at 88,000 miles. No problems. Toyota provided a rental car. All no charge.

Hey Bernie, would you mind explaining in your issue prior of shudder to the repair? Reading the comments above scare me to even get a repair; i just don't want my issue to get it worst you know? Thanks in advance.

A

Anthony Sanchez

I just dropped off my 2012 Toyota Camry and they're going to do the torque converter but he said that's all he's going to do and I just got off the phone with corporate and they said that they had to put the magnet and also dropped a pan to get the magnet in there and change out the gasket and fluid and he is telling me that is not on this warranty I said I just got off the phone with corporate customer service and they said they need to change the gasket and the fluid and put a another magnet inside the pan to catch the rest of metal particles he's told me that he is only going to do the torque converter this does not make any sense so do I got to go over there and fight with him not actually fist fight but argue right now it's at the Toyota dealership in Oak Lawn Illinois just want to know what I need to do to rectify the situation

BGroot

I just dropped off my 2012 Toyota Camry and they're going to do the torque converter but he said that's all he's going to do and I just got off the phone with corporate and they said that they had to put the magnet and also dropped a pan to get the magnet in there and change out the gasket and fluid and he is telling me that is not on this warranty I said I just got off the phone with corporate customer service and they said they need to change the gasket and the fluid and put a another magnet inside the pan to catch the rest of metal particles he's told me that he is only going to do the torque converter this does not make any sense so do I got to go over there and fight with him not actually fist fight but argue right now it's at the Toyota dealership in Oak Lawn Illinois just want to know what I need to do to rectify the situation
Anthony, I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Dealer. The warranty extension is named ZE5 and in those instructions, page 2 step 5, it references T-SB-0034-14. Those are the instruction that the Technician is supposed to follow. They should replace the torque converter, remove the pan to replace the magnets and then reprogram the ECM. Show the Dealer these pages and you should be good.... ZE5 and the TSB

D

Dennis Schatte

I have a 2014 Camry just diagnosed as needing a Torque Converter for the same symptoms described here. Have 130,000 miles. Dealer says repair not covered by TSB as I have a U660E trans. Bulletin only applies to U760 transmissions.

Can you comfirm that? ...and do I have any other recourse? Thank you.

R

Richard357

I checked the status of the lsc in the link provided bt my Camry didn’t show up for this problem bt it does suffer the symptoms . My local mechanic suggested it is the throttle body position sensor . Can a Toyota dealer still do the software update I have a 2013 Toyota Camry

A

ALFRED Rundell

HELP!!!!!!
I'm new here and I have had the shudder for some time now. I'm just now finding out what is causing it. I've been told so many things from different mach. I've had tires balanced, fuel injection cleaned and fuel treatments up the ying yang.
So now I find this, going to the dealer tomorrow. Where can I find the VIN#'s that are effected?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
reply same problem on 2013 camry!

First dealer said it is anifreeze in Transand ,will need trans replacement at $ 7.333.00

found another dealer got it fixed "torque converter replacement" for free!

So what the heck is wrong with the TOYOTAS mfg.companys !|?

A

ALFRED Rundell

1st DEALER said need new Trans at 7.333oo due antifreeze in trans (Shuddering condition )

Second dealer replaced torque converter at no charge on our 2013 camry!!!!
What is with Toyota Quality !?

J

John Skinner

Does this apply to the original owner only, or can folks who purchased the Camry used get the service done too? Thanks for the reply.
I would like to know the answer to that question as well.

MG

I would like to know the answer to that question as well.
The cars warranty is for the car and not the owner. In other words, this warranty extension is for----

The Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement until April 30,2016 with no mileage limitation.

** After the Primary Coverage period ends, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 8 years from the date of first use or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first

It doesn't matter if your are the original owner or the second or third or..... tenth owner of that vehicle. If it falls within the warranty extension period, then it qualifies for the warranty extension and will be fixed.

S

Spinner

So we just bought a used 2012 camry and it has the shudder...will they still fix it? The Toyota dealership said it expired this April. We only have 88000 miles on it. Thank you

S

Spinner

The cars warranty is for the car and not the owner. In other words, this warranty extension is for----

The Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement until April 30,2016 with no mileage limitation.

** After the Primary Coverage period ends, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 8 years from the date of first use or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first

It doesn't matter if your are the original owner or the second or third or..... tenth owner of that vehicle. If it falls within the warranty extension period, then it qualifies for the warranty extension and will be fixed.
So we just bought a used 2012 camry and it has the shudder...will they still fix it? The Toyota dealership said it expired this April. We only have 88000 miles on it. Thank you

Dread Pirate Roberts

Staff member
It looks like you would fall under the secondary coverage...
After the Primary Coverage period ends, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 8 years from the date of first use or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
So it will depend on your Camry's DOFU (Date of first Use). You will have to ask your Toyota Dealer what it is. HTH

D

Donna

So, I have a 2014 Toyota Camry SE. It now has this problem with the torque converter. It started a few months ago and is intermittent. I literally just found out today about the enhanced warranty. When I look at the service records, it shows that only the software update was done shortly before I purchased the car in late 2014. Do you think since I am having this shuddering issue with the torque converter now, the enhanced warranty would cover the fix? It has 133,000 miles on it. According to the dealership closest to me, it's around 6 grand to replace the transmission. Ugh! Help.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Staff member
So, I have a 2014 Toyota Camry SE. It now has this problem with the torque converter. It started a few months ago and is intermittent. I literally just found out today about the enhanced warranty. When I look at the service records, it shows that only the software update was done shortly before I purchased the car in late 2014. Do you think since I am having this shuddering issue with the torque converter now, the enhanced warranty would cover the fix? It has 133,000 miles on it. According to the dealership closest to me, it's around 6 grand to replace the transmission. Ugh! Help.
You should be covered by the secondary coverage....

** After the Primary Coverage period ends, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 8 years from the date of first use or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

D

Donna

You should be covered by the secondary coverage....

** After the Primary Coverage period ends, the Secondary Coverage is applicable for 8 years from the date of first use or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Will it not matter that the service record shows the recall problem was repaired?

MG

Will it not matter that the service record shows the recall problem was repaired?
DPR is correct and this wasn't a Recall. If the problem still occurs in the warranty time/mileage frame then it is covered no mater how many times this is needed.