2012-2014 Camry Transmission Shudder Software Update LSC E03 w/ Warranty Extension ZE5

C

CB9

Looking at a 2012 SE with 141k and was bought 10/17/2012. It has the shudder. It's a one owner car and is very very clean otherwise. They want 6600 and it blue books several thousand dollars above. Will Toyota definitely repair? I only have a month left! Owe them an answer by morning or they are moving on to next in line. This will be daughters first purchase. We have a 2013 hybrid and love it cause it has been rock solid reliable.

O

Omar B

I have 2012 Camry with transmission shutters am I still covered with the secondary coverage ?

C

Concerned

I have a 2012 Camry with the same issue. I found out about the torque converter issue today which is recently past the expiration date but at 78k miles. Please extend the warranty or recall the cars. This is a dangerous issue. I've learned that this has affected many cars.

J

Johnny N

I have a 2012 Camry LE with only 67K with this torque converter issue. Can I still get the software update from the dealership?

C

C. Williams

HELP, I have a 2015 Camry and I just come back from the Dealership in which they diagnostic my vehicle and YES, its a togue converter issue. Therefore, I was quoted $3k to replace. UNBEILABLE. Can I get this taken care of under warranty. since its the same identical issue as the 2012-2014?

AutoMod

Staff member
HELP, I have a 2015 Camry and I just come back from the Dealership in which they diagnostic my vehicle and YES, its a togue converter issue. Therefore, I was quoted $3k to replace. UNBEILABLE. Can I get this taken care of under warranty. since its the same identical issue as the 2012-2014?
This condition would only be covered by your 5 year/60,000 miles warranty and not under this ZE5. If you have an extended warranty that you purchased with your Camry then it may be covered under that. HTH

R

Rex

I have had my 2012 Camry SE since new. It developed the shudder about six months in. They supposedly updated the software, but the problem was still there. About a year later they replace the TC. Just recently, around 135,000 miles I have noticed the shutter is back when at 70-80 miles an hour.

I recall someone I met someone who had a Highlander with the same issue and Toyota saying if it happens over 65 MPH it is not there problem. It will be interesting to see what the dealer tells me this time around.
What dealer did you get your vehicle from? your 2012 Camry? or do you have receipt from dealer acknowledging they repaired the issue? I need a date that dealer 1st acknowledges that there were problems with transmission / torque convertor.

K

Khalil

Dear respected toyota team
I bought a 2014 toyota camry recently and I faced a problem ( intermittent transmission shudder ) I guess this what it is called, to be honest I was surprised a company such as Toyota produces such a great car with such a faulty and does not take the responsibility of fixing it.
Or at least bears in the end it is not the customers fault to loving this car and this brand.
many way I am seeking your professional advice on what to do with this problem.
Your care is appreciated