1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2012-2014 Toyota Tundra and Sequoia ECU Software Update LSC F0A (codes P0418 or P2445)

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Jan 23, 2015.

1. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

Warranty Enhancement Letter F0A

*** This LSC has now been updated to a SSC with No Expiration Date***
    Subject: Limited Service Campaign (LSC) F0A
    Certain 2012 – 2014 Model Year Tundra and Sequoia Vehicles
    ECM Software Update

In our continuing efforts to ensure the best in customer satisfaction, Toyota is launching a Limited Service Campaign (LSC) on certain 2012 – 2014 MY Tundra and Sequoia vehicles. This LSC will cover approximately 39,000 Sequoia and 247,000 Tundra vehicles equipped with a 5.7 liter gasoline or 5.7 Liter-Flex Fuel engines.

Background: In the vehicles covered by this LSC, the Engine Control Module (ECM) calibration may cause an emissions control component called an Air Injection Pump to fail in certain environmental conditions. If this occurs, the vehicle could enter a “Fail-Safe” Mode (also known as “Limp-Home” Mode). This mode reduces the vehicle’s power and speed, which could inconvenience an owner and require immediate repair. Check Engine Light codes P0418 and/or P2445 may be set in the ECU memory.

Limited Service Campaign (LSC) Remedy
    The ECM calibration has been updated to reduce the possibility of this condition occurring. Authorized Toyota dealer are requested to verify the vehicle’s ECM calibration and, if necessary, update the calibration software at NO CHARGE to the vehicle owner.

This LSC will be available until February 28, 2016, and will only be available at an authorized Toyota Dealer.

2. JellyDog

JellyDog New Member

Is there a source for the above post? My dealer cannot find anything showing this being changed to an ssc. Does this ssc include pump replacement if faulty? Dealing is wanting to charge thousands to rectify my p4018 code.

OishiiJPN and Lewis like this.
  3. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have added a link to the F0A Dealer Letter above.

JellyDog likes this.
  4. JellyDog

JellyDog New Member

Thank you. In the original LSC if CEL was still on with code p0418 Replacement of air pump was free of charge to the customer. Any idea if that holds true when changed to an SSC?

5. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Staff Member

If I understand the SSC and LSC properly, no, it doesn't. I don't understand why Toyota did it this way.

Under the original D0E, the technician would update the ECM calibration and replace the bank 1 air pump (only if code p0418 and/or p2445) was present. The expiration date for this LSC was May 31, 2016.

That's when SSC F0A would take over. Under this SSC, the D0E would be performed if the May 31,2016 date hadn't passed but of it did then just the ECM calibration would be updated with no parts replacement authorized. That doesn't make sense IMHO.

6. JellyDog

JellyDog New Member

I agree. Especially because I'm looking at a bill of 2k to 4k. I want to throw up.

7. JellyDog

JellyDog New Member

Thank you for all of your help, btw. It's really appreciated!

8. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

I would suggest that you contact Toyota corp at 1-800-331-4331 and open a case with them. Ask if they will "participate" in this repair. Basically you are asking for a 50/50 split, where Toyota warranties the parts and you pay for the labor to install them. It never hurts to ask. ;)

9. Greg Smith

Greg Smith Guest

My 2013 Sequoia went into limp home mode Thursday. I found Toyota TS-B-0024-13 data Feb 8, 2013 that states if P0418 or P2445 is on then the Toyota Federal Emissions warranty covers update of ECM and replacement of Bank 1 Air Pump Assembly.

My dealer tells me this expired in 2016, as this thread says. But how could this be possible? The TS-C clearly states this is covered under the emissions warranty which is 96 months or 80,000 miles.

Any advice appreciated. When it is in black and white from Toyota it seems stupid for me to pay. I have not yet allowed the dealer to do anything to the car, if there isn't warranty coverage I will send it to an independent. I do have a copy of the TS-B, seems Toyota has hidden this TS-B even from its dealers at this point.