2012 Toyota Tacoma for Air Injection Pumps,Air Switching Valves CSP ZHA

Lewis

Staff member
Check Eng/Trac Off came on last Thursday on my 2012 Prerunner. My mechanic read the codes and told me the parts would be $2100. plus for the Air Injection System parts. He also told me about the Toyota Warranty Extension. Clearwater Toyota agreed to look at the truck Friday morning. They said that "yes the repair would be covered". The truck was ready at about 2:00 in the afternoon, no charge, thank you very much. They didn't even show how much it would have been without the warranty extension. Very classy I think.
We are glad that we could be of help. Would you please consider showing your support so that we can continue to help other Toyota Owners. Support ToyoHeadquarters

J

Jake

I had check engine and Trac control light come on my 2012 Tacoma and found it was the P2442: Secondary Air Injection, System Switching Valve, Stuck Open Bank 2. I called Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-888-270-9371, they verified the VIN and informed me I was fully covered. What a relief! My 2012 Tacoma has 169,000 mi on it and the customer support program fully covered my truck regardless of mileage until 2022. The customer support was excellent. Very quick and knowledgeable. Thank You Toyota!

S

Snoopy

Check Eng/Trac Off came on last Thursday on my 2012 Prerunner. My mechanic read the codes and told me the parts would be $2100. plus for the Air Injection System parts. He also told me about the Toyota Warranty Extension. Clearwater Toyota agreed to look at the truck Friday morning. They said that "yes the repair would be covered". The truck was ready at about 2:00 in the afternoon, no charge, thank you very much. They didn't even show how much it would have been without the warranty extension. Very classy I think.
According to Toyota Customer experience line and the secondary coverage on this issue was limited to 10 years or 150,000 miles. It has now been extended to any miles. I'm getting mine fixed tomorrow at no cost.

E

Eaglei

Got the notice that the warranty was extended on the AIS a few months ago. Then this July got a service campaign, and scheduled repair for next week. Tech said they won't bother with working on the existing one; they're just going to swap it out. Don't know if it's pump and valves or whatever. But this may be smart to avoid trying to judge if the old unit is compromised. Safer for them to just replace it. Plus it avoids an emissions claim and possible liability if it goes into 'limp mode' suddenly risking the driver.