2013-2015 Toyota Rav4 Transmission Shudder Warranty Extension ZH1

B

Brandon Curtis

Just broke 100K on my 17 Rav where Torque convertor shutter began at about 80K. It's been to the dealer now two times for that reason, but the tech can't replicate the shudder... Just get in the car with me for a few minutes! After the second visit the tech and my advisor mentioned yes, it's probably the torque convertor. Unfortunately nothing posted by Toyota yet for this generation of Ravs.

D

Donna

Well - we have a 2015 rav4 with the exact issue but toyota refuses to help. They say the vin is not one of the covered vehicles. Dealer said it is ridiculous. They wont budge. Guess it is the last toyota I buy.
I am had the same experience in November, 2019. Repair cost 2300 dollars. They said my vin number was not included. I am really upset also.

K

Karin C

Just broke 100K on my 17 Rav where Torque convertor shutter began at about 80K. It's been to the dealer now two times for that reason, but the tech can't replicate the shudder... Just get in the car with me for a few minutes! After the second visit the tech and my advisor mentioned yes, it's probably the torque convertor. Unfortunately nothing posted by Toyota yet for this generation of Ravs.
I have a 2010 Rav 4 and I was told that it is going to cost 3200 to repair. Seems that this issue has been going on for awhile now!