2014-2015 Toyota Camry and Corolla Radio Touch Screen not working

A

Ali T

I should have read all the postings here before I go to the dealership with my 2014 Corrolla and tried to get the head unit fix. I have wasted 4 hours and US105 for the diagnostic and learned that I will need to pay another US1,500 to get it replaced/changed.

I am looking to join call action lawsuit, anyone has the link so I can join?

R

Rhonda Young

I have a 2015 Toyota Corolla S+ and I had to get a new phone and when I went to add my new cell phone for hands free that's when I realized the add button on my touch screen is not working, got so frustrated didn't check to see which other buttons were not working. I agree, if Toyota knew this was an ongoing issue with these radio's why did they not do a recall. Anyone have a resolution? If not my warranty is expired so this repair is on me!

M

Musa

I have 2015 Toyota Corolla but lower part of the screen not working. Pls what is the way out ?

J

Jeff

Press the corner of a credit card underneath the plastic that surrounds the screen. The calibration has moved to a portion of the screen that is below that plastic housing. You can get the button to work. The touchscreen control has dropped down. it's no longer in synch with the video display. This hack works, but Toyota still should fix this.

B

Bob C

I bought my car two Octobers ago. It was working fine until about April. Then the whole screen seemed to shift. So basically I would touch it and it would register the touch about 1/4 higher than my finger. I found that the issue is the heat. Once the temperatures got to below 40 for a couple of hours the touch would reset. So October through April mine works fine, since I live in a winter climate. the rest of the year the bottom of my screen only works if it has had time to "cool down" enough. You would think they would have tested a radio to be in a car that sits in the sun.

P

Paul O

My 2015 Toyota SE just started doing this. Can’t select the bottom center of my screen. So whenever I go to select DEST for my gps it thinks I’m selecting a location on my GPS map. Really annoying. It appears to have happened after a really hot day so not sure if that has anything to do with it but won’t know until it gets colder. I’m in the Chicago area. Is the radio essential for maintenance for my car; in the sense that there are settings required to select after repairs or oil change? If it’s not I’d rather get a new radio with Car Play. If it is essential for the car’s maintenance then I might look into replacing the digitizer myself.

A

Apollo Crete

I have read many forums asking about this issue. If it was a known issue, why wasn't it recalled and corrected? Why does it have to be under warranty to have it fixed for free?
Yes, it’s safety functions make it pertinent recall precedence?? Why isn’t there a recall in this?

M

Mallow

I slid the edge of a penny down between the screen and edge of the molding just under the "ADD" phone feature. After previous futile attempts to pair my new iPhone, this worked. The touch screens seem not to be aligned with their icons. Pressure applied below the ADD phone icon allowed me to pair my phone with my 2014 Corolla.