1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2014-2015 Toyota Camry and Corolla Radio Touch Screen not working

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Lewis, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Randall

Randall Guest

My daughters 2015 Corolla has half the screen not working, very disappointed with Toyota. Lot's of unhappy people. Maybe Kia time.

2. Marisa

Marisa Guest

Add me to the list. I have a 2014 Corolla and this issue showed up in my car a year or two ago. At first, just the bottom left corner was affected and I could still press the buttons by pressing my fingernail into the very edge of the screen. Now, that entire quarter of the screen doesn't work and I can't press the affected buttons at all. Would be nice if there was at least a way to pair new Bluetooth devices without having to use the touch screen, or an affordable way to fix the issue. I can't afford $1200 for a touch screen.

3. Matt Shearer

Matt Shearer Guest

Add me to the list too. 2014.5 Camry. Had the issue for a little while, figured I'd go get it checked. Didn't even realize my warranty period was up and got charged over $100 for diagnostics just for the to tell me it would cost over $1300 to replace. Toyota is supposed to be a top brand, but I've had nothing but issues lately. It might be time to ditch it for something else.

4. Shonda

Shonda Guest

2014 Camry Se Sport..bottom screen not working..I just got this car an this is ridiculous.I always wanted this car but now..Im going to the dealership today to see how can this be solved..only had the car a week it has 53000 miles on it.Beautiful Car an runs great except gas mileage is terrible but this screen has got me very upset i cant set my phone up.

5. Silas

Silas Guest

Called to Toyota HQ 800-331-4331, they still insisted to let my car get diagnosed at the dealership; that I already know I would end up paying four-digit number of dollar to get it fixed. Anyone got a good news about it? it's just so frustrating to have a piece of crap in the car and drive it around everyday.

6. Fourth Camry

Fourth Camry New Member

Add me to the list also. Purchased a 2014.5 Camry SE in November of 2014, so it is out of warranty, even though I only have 17.5K miles on it. This is our fourth Camry. No need to repeat my symptoms for the touch screen problem, as they are virtually identical to previous posters. I think I read that Toyota has not issued a "RECALL" for the problem as they did not consider it a Safety issue. Hmmm. I just Googled "Toyota" + "Hands-Free" + "Safety" and what do you know, here's the text from a Toyota.com page about their Entune[TM] system.
    "Drive Safely with Hands Free In-Car Navigation & Calling"

We've also owned two Corollas and have a 2015 Highlander.
    I just called Toyota Headquarters and had a case number assigned for my VIN # & name and complaint. I pretty much echoed the touch screen symptoms I've read here and on half a dozen other forums. The Toyota customer care person was very nice, patient but, as expected, was given the same advice as other callers here have been given; have a dealer diagnose the problem first.

If any readers here are current Consumer Reports subscribers, please take advantage of the opportunity to provide feedback on this problem during their used car survey.

I also went to the Consumer Product Safety Commission web site and did a search, but found nothing reported yet on this issue.

7. Deb

Deb Guest

I am with you! There should be a class action lawsuit regarding this. There are way too many Toyota owners with these issues over multiple vehicles and years. It's ridiculous that Toyota is not taking care of this. This will make me re-think purchasing a Toyota as my next vehicle!

8. MG

MG Moderator

I know right! I saw this awhile back and thought "why?". We see way more problems like this touch screen issue and haven't heard of any lawsuit on that yet!

9. Bill B

Bill B Guest

Please add me to the list also. Have the same issue both with the car radio touchpad and got the same response from the dealer. I'm disappointed.

10. Caitlin

Caitlin Guest

I have a 2015 Camy with navigation I can’t use it because parts of my screen doesn’t work this is sooo irritating!!!

11. Mommawolf

Mommawolf Guest

Didn’t work for me :(

12. Austin

Austin Guest

Glad I found a thread about this so I know it's not just me doing something wrong. Reading what other people said and trying a variety of menu screens, yes I agree it seems the touch becomes more and more ogfset the further down you go, so buttons like Pause or Sound you have to tap basically at the edge of the screen underneath the bezel to get it to respond. Definitely not going to ever pay to get this replaced, and if I do it darn sure won't be anything made by Toyota. 2015 Corolla.

13. JRL

JRL Guest

I know a little bit of electronics and decided to try to fix this issue by myself. I am glad to tell you that I could fix this and it only cost me like $20 USD in parts and shipping.

Hello guys, I had this same issue with my car, the bottom right corner stop working and sometimes it worked for a while when the weather was cold (around 34 F).

In my case the only part that needed to be replaced was the touch panel. I found it in AliExpress by the name: "6.1 inch modified 12 pins glass touch Screen panel Digitizer Lens for 2015 camry". I don't sell this item.

Before I placed the order, I opened my CD receiver and got the right part number for the touch panel and checked the ribbon location and how many pins it had. I am pretty sure the model and ribbon setup could be different for each trim and year.

I am just letting you know so if you want to fix it and know a person that know electronics, maybe you can fix it without spending too much money.

14. April spence

April spence New Member

I have a 2014 Toyota corolla and my radio went out after a small accident. Tried to get it covered with the insurance but dealership said the accident didn't cause it that it's internal failure .I don't understand cause it because it was working fine before the accident .But what is Toyota doing about this when they have all these complaints .

15. aparanoidbw

aparanoidbw New Member

someone posted a video of this exact thing on my youtube video that documents this problem. I had no idea you could buy a replacement touch screen, despite the fact that I know how and do work on PC's & Laptops from time to time. This fix looks about as hard as working on a laptop. Annoying, but definitely possible.

OishiiJPN likes this.
  16. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Moderator Staff Member

Nice find!

17. FirstToyota

FirstToyota Guest

I bought my Toyota Rav4 last year pre-owned but it's a 2015 so it only had 1 previous owner. It's past the 38,000 mile warranty of course and just started have issues with the touch screen. It's just as you all have stayed, lower right buttons on touch screen are completely unresponsive! Can't afford$800 for local shop to fix it so who has the DIY instructions for this? Any help greatly appreciated!

18. Add me to the list, the lower left hand "Add" button doesn't work well. Toyota 2016 Corolla here.

19. I looked at finger nail solution, but was unable to get my short nail far enough below the bezel. I used a flat plastic tooth picker on one of my dental floss sticks and was able to press the add phone button by getting underneath the bezel and pressing the screen. I successfully added my new phone. I’m surprised that there is no way to recalibrate the touchscreen!!!