2016-2019 Toyota Tacoma Driveline Vibration Under Deceleration Around 10-30 mph

BGroot

Some 2016 – 2019 model year Tacoma vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission may exhibit a vibration felt in the seat, floorboard, and/or steering wheel between 10 – 30 mph, caused by a driveline vibration under deceleration. Follow the Repair Procedure in bulletin T-SB-0071-19 to address this condition.

The information contained in bulletin T-SB-0071-19 supersedes Service Bulletin No. T-SB-0171-16
T-SB-0171-16 is obsolete and any printed versions should be discarded.

*This Service Bulletin ONLY applies to 4WD models equipped with 6AT. Do NOT use the spring part number found in the Service Bulletin for ANY manual transmission vehicles or PreRunner models. This could lead to NEW, currently nonexistent issues.

*If the vehicle is installed with an aftermarket suspension/body lift or leveling kit, this Service Bulletin does NOT apply.

*This bulletin applies to all 2016 – 2019 model year Tacoma vehicles NOT equipped with the TRD Off-Road package option.

This repair is covered under the Toyota Basic Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s in-service date.

B

Bill D

Any reason it would not apply to a 2019 TRD Pro Tacoma? Dealer is saying it does not but I suspect they are misread the terms an conditions. Would love opinion for a Toyota advisor. .

M

Mark in Miami

I have a 2019 SR5 which vibrates like crazy at virtually all speeds. Changed driveshaft and Toyota cant fix. Hired a lemon law attorney and progress is being made. Love the truck but the vibration is a major safety and drivability issue.

J

John TX

I have a 2019 SR5 which vibrates like crazy at virtually all speeds. Changed driveshaft and Toyota cant fix. Hired a lemon law attorney and progress is being made. Love the truck but the vibration is a major safety and drivability issue.

J

John TX

My 2019 also has issues with vibrations. They replaced both axles this week and it still rides like crap. The truck only has 2100 miles on it.

M

Mark in Miami

Hey John. Taking it in for one final repair attempt by toyota set up by attorney. Will let you know how it turns out. Actually, toyota hired Hyundai engineers to do the evaluation. interesting.