1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

2018 Toyota Camry Oversized Engine Pistons Recall J0M -Interim

Discussion in 'Recalls' started by MG, Mar 28, 2018.

1. MG

MG Moderator Staff Member

Recall Letter

Subject:
    Safety Recall J0M (Interim J1M) – Interim
    2018 Model Year Camry Vehicles Oversized Pistons

On March 28, 2018, Toyota filed a Defect Information Report (DIR) with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) informing the agency of our intent to conduct a voluntary Safety Recall on certain 2018 model year Camry vehicles.

Condition:
    The involved vehicle's engine may be equipped with pistons from a particular production period that were produced with a different diameter larger than the specifications. In certain conditions, this may cause the vehicle to run rough, create an abnormal sound, emit smoke from the exhaust, and illuminate warning lights and messages. In some cases, a reduction of power may occur and the engine could stop running. A vehicle's engine which stops while driving at higher speeds can increase the risk of a crash.

Remedy:
    Toyota is currently preparing the remedy. The remedy, when available, will involve an inspection of the pistons and, IF NECESSARY, replacement of the engine assembly at NO CHARGE to the customer.

Covered Vehicles:
    There are approximately 1,700 vehicles covered by this Safety Recall. There are no vehicles which were distributed to Puerto Rico.

Owner Letter Mailing Date:
    Toyota will notify owners by late May 2018.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has been over a month since my car is at the dealership for a replacement of an assembly. Everytime I contact the dealership for an update, I get to hear same thing over and over that we do not have the parts. Why the was the recall ever opened if the company did not had parts available?