2018 Toyota Camry with Code P26CB71 Electric Water Pump Speed Stuck T-SB-0323-17

MG

Some 2018 model year Camry vehicles equipped with four-cylinder engines may exhibit a MIL “ON” condition with Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P26CB71 (Electric Water Pump Speed Stuck). The Engine Control Module (ECM) (SAE term: Powertrain Control Module [PCM]) logic has been modified to address this condition. Follow the Repair Procedure in bulletin T-SB-0323-17 to address this condition.

This repair is covered under the Toyota Federal Emission Warranty. This warranty is in effect
for 96 months or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s in-service date.

J

Jeff

Some 2018 model year Camry vehicles equipped with four-cylinder engines may exhibit a MIL “ON” condition with Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P26CB71 (Electric Water Pump Speed Stuck). The Engine Control Module (ECM) (SAE term: Powertrain Control Module [PCM]) logic has been modified to address this condition. Follow the Repair Procedure in bulletin T-SB-0323-17 to address this condition.

This repair is covered under the Toyota Federal Emission Warranty. This warranty is in effect
for 96 months or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s in-service date.

Is this still valid I went and they tried telling me that it's only for 5 years and 60,000 miles

OishiiJPN

Staff member
Click on the link above highlighted in RED and read on page 2 to see this section.....

1650810596535.png

Now print the page and take it into the Toyota Dealer with you. Then watch their face go like :eek:

G

Greg219

Same thing just happened to my 2019 Camry, is 2019 year still covered by same warranty? Couldn’t find the service bulletin for my year.

T

TOYOTA

THIS IS WRONG. THE TSB IS ONLY FOR AN REPROGRAM OF THE ECU. NOT A REPLACEMENT

M

Marjon2003

My car is overheating and I took it to the Toyota store and the the diagnostic said the water pump was stuck. Also the ICS malfunction light came on at the same time along with the check engine. The dealership was charging $1100 to repair the pump and told me that once the pump is fixed all the other lights will go off. My car only have 60k miles. Does this sound right or am I missing something?

P

pngcruiser

My car is overheating and I took it to the Toyota store and the the diagnostic said the water pump was stuck. Also the ICS malfunction light came on at the same time along with the check engine. The dealership was charging $1100 to repair the pump and told me that once the pump is fixed all the other lights will go off. My car only have 60k miles. Does this sound right or am I missing something?
Did anything ever come of this?

K

Kelly Evans

My Toyota Camry 2018 did the same thing, but was not covered because of my VIN # being after the date. Cost me $1,000 here in Alabama, at my trusty mechanic. I'm afraid to use Toyota Service. They claim you need other repairs because the service rep gets a commission for each repair they do. That's been my experience anyway. My mechanic said the labor is high because they have to remove parts to get to the pump

E

Eli G

For those that replaced the water pump, did the issue go away? my 2018 has the ICS warning and check engine light on with this trouble code

D

Dustin

For those that replaced the water pump, did the issue go away? my 2018 has the ICS warning and check engine light on with this trouble code
I'm in the same boat, code came up yesterday. Did you ever get yours replaced?

S

Shazam

I have a Toyota 2018 Camry, SE. 45,000 miles. Just did the oil change. Cleared the P26CB error. My coolant reservoir was EMPTY. No leaks per mechanic. Got to keep an eye on the issue.

S

SumerTX83

Mine is doing this same thing. Did you get it resolved? I'm not sure where to turn as of now!

S

Shazam

I have a Toyota 2018 Camry, SE. 45,000 miles. Just did the oil change. Cleared the P26CB error. My coolant reservoir was EMPTY. No leaks per mechanic. Got to keep an eye on the issue.
I had to replace my water pump. Cost me $800 at my mechanic. $150 at dealership to diagnose. If you get this error, just replace the water pump. This is a known issue. If you drive without fixing it, you will burn the engine. Period.