2019 Toyota Rav4 Abnormal Buzz/Groan Noise 20 – 30 mph From Rear Differential T-SB-0009-20

MG

This Bulletin is Now Obsolete....See T-SB-0009-20

Some 2019 model year RAV4 Adventure and Limited grade AWD vehicles may exhibit an abnormal buzz/groan noise from the rear differential assembly at 20 – 30 mph when accelerating from a stop and/or at 20 – 13 mph on deceleration after driving the vehicle for 15 – 20 minutes or more. This condition occurs with Normal drive mode selected during disconnect/connect timing of the AWD system. Follow the Repair Procedure in bulletin T-SB-0009-20 to address this condition.

NOTE:
This Service Bulletin ONLY applies to 2019 model year RAV4 Adventure and Limited grade vehicles with torque vectoring AWD system.

The fix is to R & R Differential Carrier Assembly for Torque Vectoring Differential.

This repair is covered under the Toyota Powertrain Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 60 months or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s in-service date.

B

Ben Gto

I have the identical issue in 2019 rav4 adventure
I’ would like to know If tsb 0067-20 fixed this issue for this owner

A

Angela

I purchased a 2019 Toyota RAV4 Adventure in July and this has only gotten worse. It’s in the shop now getting the Rear differential replaced.