2019 Toyota Rav4 Farting or Honking Noise when driving?

D

Danielle W

Not even 3000Km on 2019 rav4 LIMITED abnormal buzz/groan noise accelerating or deceleration in the range of 20 to 40 kmh when warmed up. Diagnosis confirmed by Toyota dealer (T-SB-0065-19). Warranty op code TC 1902 ; R & R Transfer Case Electro-magnetic Clutch Assembly. Dealer parts search turns up none in North America. What is toyota not saying about a quality product ,there quality testing process suggests that let the public find the issues and then Toyota will correct the deficiencies. I agree with all the other negative comments on this web site. Hopefully this issue will not affect any other engine parts before replacement:(:(
Had this repair done this week and the noise is still there

D

Danielle W

Just picked up my 2019 Rav4 from the shop. Buzz/Groan noise issue. They REMOVED AND REPLACED TRANSFER CASE ELECTRIC MAGNETIC CLUTCH ASSEMBLY/PER TSB006519. DID NOT HEAR THE GROAN ON THE WAY HOME. WISH ME LUCK!
have you heard the noise yet. I just had the repair done this week, drove the car home and it made the noise when I pulled into my street

N

N Stephens

I have taken my 2019 RAV4 Adventure in 3 times for the same issues. I have about 19000 miles on mine. The just tell me Toyota is aware and the can’t fix it until the release a fix or recall.

BGroot

I have taken my 2019 RAV4 Adventure in 3 times for the same issues. I have about 19000 miles on mine. The just tell me Toyota is aware and the can’t fix it until the release a fix or recall.
Have they installed the new updated parts kit per the TSB?

M

Mary

Have any of you new 2019 Toyota Rav4 Owners experienced a Honking or Farting type noise when driving? Possibly just on the Adventure model... There are reports for quite a few of these with one TechTip (See Below) already released by Toyota with a TSB possibly on the way. Below is a video of the noise--check around the 3:15 and 3:48 time mark. Thanks

I have a 2019 Rav 4 Limited. Have the same dam noise. Toyota will NOT do anything about this. They said there is nothing mechanically wrong with the car. I went as far as gotten info on the lemon law, filled out the papers and was denied. I too am SO disgusted and disappointed with Toyota. They will not do anything about it and will not stand behind it. Makes me sick. It’s embarrassing also when you have people riding with you. Toyota’s reputation for quality cars I feel no longer exists.

J

Jag

J’ai le même problème avec mon rav4 2019 limited et le concessionnaire me dit qu’il n’y a pas de solution pour le moment.

N

Nathanel

Same issue. Appointment booked for next week. CDN dealer wasn't seeing the issue attached to VIN.
I am from Canada I have the same issue . the biggest problem is the dealers they don't have any idea about this. they said it is normal. but hearing such annoying grinding nose in every five minuets is not normal. I have another appointment I will see what are they going to do with it

R

Rhonda

My car making that same noise. Bought in April. It’s september!!! I have an appointment on Wednesday to have some magnetic clutch or something replaced. My brand new car! What a bunch of crap! This is my first Toyota and probably my last!

T

Ted h

I too have new rav4 adventure making same belching/farting noises and have been to dealer three times and they are waiting for parts for transfer case?. Wish i had-my subaru back!

T

TBates

We had the same issue and had the parts replaced at the dealership, so far the noise has stopped. Service Manager said it was a TSB TC1902 which called for “R&R of Transfer Case Electro-Magnetic Clutch Assembly. This is the first 2019 RAV4 Adventure my dealership has had to replace, so apparently it doesn't happen to all Rav’s. It took three full days to get the repair done, but like I said, so far so good. We live in Western North Carolina and Fred Anderson Toyota’s service department rocks!!
Just had the same part replaced on my 2019 RAV4 Adventure, also at Fred Anderson Toyota in Asheville. They seem to be more familiar with the problem and the repair. I was out in 3.5 hours, and the noise is gone. Agreed that Fred Anderson service team is the best. Love this car!

J

Joha

I have a 2019 rav4 limited 4wd and have the same noise im im at 6k miles. The sound was never there before it started Jan 2020 until now that is more frequent and im about to start the process everyone apparently has gone through. I did go to the dealership and they said i had no such noise at all, i decided to record it now and i guess i really didnt need to since now the sound is there even at 5mph as soon as i start the car n hit run so they can now hear it im sur. Lets see how this goes.

K

Kelley

Have any of you new 2019 Toyota Rav4 Owners experienced a Honking or Farting type noise when driving? Possibly just on the Adventure model... There are reports for quite a few of these with one TechTip (See Below) already released by Toyota with a TSB possibly on the way. Below is a video of the noise--check around the 3:15 and 3:48 time mark. Thanks

I just bought a 2019 used with 25k miles in August 2020. Mine is doing the exact same thing. It is more obvious when driving through parking lots or coming to a stop at red lights and going between 30-40 mph. Seems to be when the car is slowing down or when i decelerate.

C

cow under hood?

C

cow under hood?

don't know if you needed to make this very LONG video to point out such a small sound, but anyhow just to summarize. At low speed (accelerating, or decelerating) the rav4 makes a "MOOING" sound like a cow. As of early 2021 Toyota has been notifying customers that they do in fact recognize this issue and will soon have a fix for it at no cost to customer.

P

Pam.C.

2019 Toyota Rav4 owners

Be prepared for the worst that Toyota has done to the Rav4. I had the honking sounds, they replace the electro magnetic clutch valve assembly.
But that wasnt the last of my problems. I had also been hearing a clunking sound and they said it would be fixed with the above repair. The clunking sound became worse and then grinding noise. It happens when the Rav gets heated, then decelerate the clunk happens, then the grinding noise. I had two roadside assistance calls, back to the dealership but they couldn't repeat the sounds and sent me on my way, telling me that they would drive the car to Florida, it is that safe.
I was finally able to video the grinding sound. I sent it off to the dealership, they sent it to Toyota Canada, and guess what-my Rav was in the next day. They are replacing the transfer case and wait for it ........ the transmission. Yes it is covered by warranties, but I am so disappointed with Toyota. I never thought I would use the word lemon and Toyota in the same sentence. The dealership didn't believe the noise I was hearing and they told me they had it up on the hoist and checked everything. It was quite obvious that they didn't check everything. Not sure what my next steps will be, but I know I will not purchase a Toyota vehicle again.

B

Blades

B

Blades

I heard the noise and I have the same vehicle and mine is also making the noise. I'm worried too.