1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

Excessive Oil Consumption on 2AZ-FE Engine LSC ZE7

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Jan 5, 2015.

1. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

I don't see why. Just provide what they are asking for and then wait to see what they do.

2. Carole

Carole Guest

You are not the only one.

3. Carole

Carole Guest

Lots of luck Not happening here

4. I have 2007 Toyota Camry. Last few months, I had noticed the drop in oil levels. I added oil for last five months+. Today I decided to research the cause for oil loss and discovered this matter. I never received anything from Toyota. I had purchased this vehicle used from local Toyota dealer. Can you confirm that this is still covered under warranty.

5. Jbrowneng

Jbrowneng Guest

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I can tell you that it is still covered provided you are under 150,000 miles and less than 10 years from date of first use. Your toyota dealer should be able to look up your date of first use from your VIN. I came in at 144K miles and my DOFU is September 2007. I made it by the skin of my teeth. They will require proof of oil changes for the past couple years though. I had roughly 8 that I could prove. They were NOT within the 5,000 mile recommendation of oil changes either and they still accepted it. I have an appointment to take the car in this Friday to start the work.

6. Jbrowneng

Jbrowneng Guest

Just a followup. I was able to find about 8 oil changes that were NOT within the 5000 mile oil change parameter and they still accepted it and will start work on Friday.

OishiiJPN likes this.
  7. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

That is great to hear this news! Please take the time to read through this forum post to learn about all the do's and don'ts that other Toyota Owners have experienced with this repair. There's a lot of good information posted here.

8. Jane

Jane Guest

I have a 2009 Matrix with an engine that qualifies for an extended warranty repair for excessive oil consumption. I called Toyota and asked them to waive the need for the oil study and do the repair because the car stalls coming out of first gear and is dangerous to drive. An independent mechanic has told me the stalling is related to the engine failure, but Toyota refuses to honor the extended warranty unless I drive it until the oil is low. The car burned 5 quarts of oil in three weeks but they will not take my word for it and are insisting that I need to replace a clutch for 2000.00 at their dealership before car will drive without stalling. I spent 800.00 with them, and they did not fix the problem of the car stalling, and the clutch is their next guess, but I have no cause to believe the clutch is bad as it was replaced 18 months ago by a trustworthy car mechanic in our town. I called headquarters and they advised me they would not honor the extended warranty until I completed the oil study. I am outraged that after I paid for several things they said were causing the stalling, and none of the helped the problem at all, they expect me to trust them that the clutch will fix the problem. My original mechanic is the one who told this Toyota dealer about the problem with these engines. He talked on the phone with them after they insisted it was the clutch. They still refuse to say that the stalling is due to the engine, and they are advising me to drive a car that is dangerous in order to meet the requirement for the extended warranty repair or I have to pay for a new clutch from the dealership first and they have shown nothing but ineptness and dishonesty.

9. John Sproule

John Sproule New Member

I have a 2009 Pontiac Vibe with this issue. It has the same Toyota engine as 2009 Matrix, 2AZ-FE.
    Does anyone know or recommend how a Vibe owner could get this Toyota issue resolved?

10. Kevin

Kevin Guest

I have a 2007 scion tc that drinks lol like crazy . Does anyone know if I can still take it to a Toyota dealer and have it fixed? Thanks in advance

11. John B

John B Guest

I qualified but the service mgr. now is saying something about getting the service authorized and could take as much as a year before they get to it. Can I take my car to another dealership if and get it done sooner?

Lewis likes this.
  12. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Staff Member

Something here doesn't sound right. You need to contact Toyota and get them involved with this situation. Don't just trust what the Dealer Service Manager says.

13. john b

john b Guest

How/who should I contact?

OishiiJPN likes this.
  14. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

Contact Toyota directly at 1 (800) 331-4331 and open a case (record everything from who you talk too, times and the case number itself). Have them perform a 3 way call between you, your Toyota Dealer and the Toyota Rep to see what the hold up is. Your just asking simply to have this concern taken care of in a timely manner.

15. John B

John B Guest

Done. Seemed like a positive conversation with Toyota and should here something more definitive from dealership by Wednesday.