1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

Excessive Oil Consumption on 2AZ-FE Engine LSC ZE7

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Jan 5, 2015.

1. OishiiJPN

OishiiJPN Administrator

You need to contact your local Toyota Dealer. We are now into the secondary coverage period which is...

The Secondary Coverage is applicable for 10 years from the (DOFU) Date Of First Use or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

2. paulgoh

paulgoh New Member

My camry hybrid failed the test last week and my dealer told me that the would remove the engine from my car and send it to a machine shop for repairs and I was told that the repair could take 1 - 3 weeks because other than the pistons, they also need to take "measurements" of various other things and order parts as needed.

3. Zenmaster

Zenmaster New Member

Hi everyone, I have a 2009 Scion TC that was purchased by the original owner in February 2009. It currently has 105,000 miles. Am I covered by the "Secondary coverage"?

If so, what documentation can I bring in to my appointment this week to tell them what I want done? I called in and was trying to explain and they had no clue what I was talking about.

I also am not sure if I will even fail the consumption test. I had my oil changed 2 months ago and it was on the full line on the dipstick and now it's barely at the bottom dot.

Thanks!

4. paulgoh

paulgoh New Member

If you changed your oil 3,000 miles / 2 months ago, you are burning about 0.33 quart of oil every 1,000 miles and if everything I said was true, then surely you do not burn enough to fail the test.

5. Zenmaster

Zenmaster New Member

It was 2 months ago and only 1,000 miles.