1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

Excessive Oil Consumption on 2AZ-FE Engine LSC ZE7

Discussion in 'Warranty Extensions' started by OishiiJPN, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Niska

Niska New Member

Hi there!

I recently bought a 2011 Scion XB, just over a year ago. Anyway, a few weeks ago I developed a knocking sound in my engine. I drove home and had my boyfriend check it out. Looks like I had low oil and when he did an oil change he found metal debris in the oil. I was just passed my due date for an oil change. So, I went to the Toyota dealership to see what my options were.

I am in the warranty period for the oil consumption issue so the dealership recommended an oil consumption test. My question is, should I do an oil consumption test when I have rod knock? I don't want to seize the engine and make things worse... and then what if it falls in spec.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

2. I've purchased (4 ) Toyota's, the 2009 Camry Hybrid being our 3rd. The car engine just blew up and I am at a total loss because my car is 457 miles past the 150,000 warranty extension that I would have qualified for based on the above engineering defect. I never received the Letter stating that there was an engineering defect that would cause the car to lose all of its oil.

This is unacceptable and not what I would expect from a world class company like Toyota.