Excessive Oil Consumption on 2AZ-FE Engine LSC ZE7

C

Connie

shouldn't the Toyota dealer tells us about this before we buy a pre-owned Toyota? Bought an '07 in late 2018 and started noticing this oil burning issue a few months later. Now what do we do?

S

Sean D

Hello. Im looking at buying a 08 scion xb vin # JTLKE50E981043328 . Is there a way to see if the oil consumption test has been fone and what the results were?

T

Tina Walker

I purchased a 2006 toyota rav4 on 10/26/19 from Seegar Toyota 12833 Olive Street Road, Creve Coeur,Mo 63141,(314) 434-5000. Upon purchase this vehicle (JTMBD33V766019561) Dealership told me that all inspections and oil was changed upon my purchase. Now three weeks after purchase engine light has come on checked oil it was three quarts low. I Live one hour from the closest Toyota Dealer. Could this be the recall on Excessive oil consumption . Please could you help me? I also own a 2017 Toyota Tacoma. I needed a second vehicle purchased the Toyota Rav4 at this point I am afraid to drive it. Waiting for your response. Thank you very much My email is Misspudge@yahoo.com My phone number is (870) 759-1825

M

Mr. Lee Me Bee

After reading your TSB concerning Toyota's acceptable guidelines of 1 quart of used oil per 1200 miles has sealed my lifetime boycott of all Toyota products. Anyone with knowledge about engines knows that a well designed, well tuned engine doesn't burn ANY oil, much less a quart every 1200 miles. I'm in the market for a new car and Toyota is no longer "in the hunt" if you get my drift.
Your point is understood but not factually true. ALL engines burn oil but it is just on a minimal level as to not affect the operating condition of the motor. Toyota builds very efficient and solid engines; I would feel perfectly safe buying a used Toyota with 200k over other brands with far less miles. I would venture to say that Honda and Toyota have some of the most durable motors available from a standpoint of literally only changing the oil and spark plugs for example these motors will still run with upwards of 70% efficiency with neglect or minimal maintenance.
This is fact.