Toyota Dash Problem Melting Cracking Warranty Extension LSC ZE6

K

Kimberly B

Is it to late to get the dashed replaced I bought this car in 2018 and everything is fine except for the dash. I was reluctant to buy it because of this reason. It has been one of the best car as far as it running great. But it is definitely had to look at when it comes to the dash. Please let me know if this is an option for me! Thank you.

MG

Is it to late to get the dashed replaced I bought this car in 2018 and everything is fine except for the dash. I was reluctant to buy it because of this reason. It has been one of the best car as far as it running great. But it is definitely had to look at when it comes to the dash. Please let me know if this is an option for me! Thank you.
The Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement described herein for all owners of covered
vehicles until May 31, 2017, regardless of mileage or date of first use of the vehicle.

Secondary Coverage
supplements the Primary Coverage for some owners by offering the warranty
enhancement described herein for 10 years from the date of the first use of the vehicle, regardless
of mileage.
For instance, if you own a 2009 Camry that was first used on January 1, 2010, you are
entitled to the warranty enhancement through January 1, 2020

S

Sandra Goodson

I have 2006 Toyota Solara convertible that I have owned for over 10 years and had no issues with dash until fall of 2017 when cracks and stickiness occurred. Car has always been garaged and in great shape with 63,000 miles. Now warranty doesn't cover my dash. Very disappointing for a car that I have enjoyed and valued. Any chance Toyota is going to extend warranty for my car.
Just found all the cracks in my 2006 Toyota Solara convertible with 65,000 miles on it in 2020 garage kept and babied. Did not get any recall I am saddened too.

C

Carolyn Colucci

the dash on my 2007 Toyota camry started getting sticky this summer and it shines on the windshield so bad you cannot see where you are going. i googled this only to find out that there was an extended warranty but it expired in 2017. i never got a notice about this but my dash didn't start to melt until 2020. this isn't a cosmetic problem. it is and dangerous hazard since it obstruct the view out of your windshield. i called the corporate office today and was told there is nothing i can do about it. at this point i am going to the national highway traffic safety administration. if you are having the same problem i recommend you file a complaint with them as well.

M

Mike Schutz

I have a 2008 Solara convertible. I am the 2nd owner. I have no documentation & don't expect Toyota to cover replacement but was wondering if I could order a new dash from Toyota & replace it at my own cost?

P

Patty Peebles

I purchased a Camry October 13, 2018. I was not aware of the melting dash recall. I just spoke with Toyota and they told me that I would have a out of pocket for a new dash. I u sed to think that Toyota was top notch, now I have a very different opinion

D

David K

we purchased my son's 2007 camry in may 2020 after the Jan 2020 cut off date, we noticed that the dash issue. We contacted Toyota and were basically told too bad. The sticky dash is not so much an issue, it is the glare that is causing a safety issue.
Any suggestion?
Thnaks

M

Melissa

I had just began having the sticky dash issue this summer of 2017, I researched online to find that there was a recall for this issue. I finally took my Camry in to the local dealer only to be told the replacement program had expired June of 2017 for my vehicle. What, how can a faulty materials issue expire? A dashboard is not a wear item and should not ever melt like this. I called Toyota corporate to no avail. I was told there was nothing they can, will do for me. They asked about a notice they had sent out in 2014 but I had not received a notice. But even If I had received the notice, I did not have or notice an issue with the dash until this summer I believe July or August. I hope this injustice is pursued and Toyota is forced to fix ALL of the bad dashboards regardless of age.

Hi Lewis,
Did you find ANY resolution to this??
Mine is literally webbing everywhere…. And recentoy started prepping and falling off into my floorboards with each week. Yet I barely use this vehicle! It’s incredibly upsetting Toyota corporate doesn’t care

D

DaleB

Hi Lewis,
Did you find ANY resolution to this??
Mine is literally webbing everywhere…. And recentoy started prepping and falling off into my floorboards with each week. Yet I barely use this vehicle! It’s incredibly upsetting Toyota corporate doesn’t care

C

Cheryl H

I took my 2010 IS350C to my local dealer and have many times mentioned the sticky dashboard only to be told it was nothing ?? Maybe someone put a product on it to make it sticky. Come to find out 1.5 months after the "customer support expired" that this was a covered issue. I have contacted customer service at Toyota and the dealer mentioned he sent letter to Toyota as well (although won't show me a copy). Needless to say, my dashboard is still sticky AND my out of pocket would be $6,000 +/-. This is absurd that Toyota/Lexus can get away with this. No letter was sent and if it was they (customer support - said they didn't have my apartment #) funny now they do....

R

Regina Stewart

I bought my 2007 Solara new and started seeing cracking and melting of my dash board. I never received the recall letter and my Toyota dealership where I took my car for service never told me that there was a recall. Now I have had my car 15 years so is there anything Toyota will do to resolve this issue?

J

JAS

I was informed about the Toyota dashboard cracking recall this past week-end. I never received a notice or a I would have brought my 2008 Avalon in for repair. The car only has 22641 original miles on it. When I called Boch Toyota South and th corporate numbers, they all gave me the run around "there is nothing they can do". I never received the notice so how can I know (the dealership where I bought the car never sent any notice. I AM BEYOND FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!

C

Cindy O

June 20, 2019

We purchased a 2007 Avalon and have had these cracks in our dashboard for years...we NEVER got a letter, and didn't pursue getting them fixed because we were told how expensive it would be! We have recently tried getting them repaired...our Avalon is our only car, and it has 104,000 miles on it. We always keep it in the garage, try to maintain it properly. Had we left it out in the heat we likely would have had such severe damage it would have been repaired by Toyota! We were sick about the cracks! but couldn't afford to have them fixed!! We just learned about this recall...we checked with the dealership and with TOYOTA, INC in Plano Tx this morning. Tough. They won't do anything about it. We have purchase 3 Toyotas over the years from Capital Toyota in Chattanooga, TN...have always loved our Toyotas and NEVER expected anything like this. I have no idea what to do NOW, except that we'll never purchase another Toyota.
Same happened to us. Our car has always been well maintained and garaged. Not until 2020 did the many cracks begin. Ours started in the fall so I don’t believe all this has to do with heat at all. Also the cracks are on the passenger side. Toyota’s quality standard and customer retention has failed.

J

JAT

I have a 2011 Camry and now the dashboard is sticky. I never received any type of letter about a recall or replacement. What do or should I do now? It's difficult to drive with the glare. It has only been like this for a little while.