Toyota Dash Problem Melting Cracking Warranty Extension LSC ZE6

J

JEnna

I have the same problem as everyone here in 2019 about Toyota’s dashboard. It’s ridiculous that Toyota would recall it for a certain timeframe. And they will only replace the one that was melted and brought in between 2017-2018. They knew this product was defective and should of switched it out for all otherwise they should warrant their product for the life of the product. Toyota is doing their customers wrong. So many of us are stuck with a product that Toyota has sold defective and now not warrant. I hope Toyota manufacturer sees the posting and do their customers right and send out another recall for us all. That would be the right thing to do for such a large company as Toyota!!!

J

JEnna

June 20, 2019

We purchased a 2007 Avalon and have had these cracks in our dashboard for years...we NEVER got a letter, and didn't pursue getting them fixed because we were told how expensive it would be! We have recently tried getting them repaired...our Avalon is our only car, and it has 104,000 miles on it. We always keep it in the garage, try to maintain it properly. Had we left it out in the heat we likely would have had such severe damage it would have been repaired by Toyota! We were sick about the cracks! but couldn't afford to have them fixed!! We just learned about this recall...we checked with the dealership and with TOYOTA, INC in Plano Tx this morning. Tough. They won't do anything about it. We have purchase 3 Toyotas over the years from Capital Toyota in Chattanooga, TN...have always loved our Toyotas and NEVER expected anything like this. I have no idea what to do NOW, except that we'll never purchase another Toyota.
My dashboard just started to melt in 2019, took it to the dealership and was told about this warranty but had expired in 2018. Seems many, many are having same problems as well. It seems this dashboard may be more like defective than just a warranty extension. What can we all do. Toyota is not doing their customers right. What can we all do???

C

Ckueter

Toyota PLEASE HELP!
I'm hoping the negative information posted here has been resolved for everyone with this same issue and I'm not wasting my time posting my plea. I have tried to send an email several times through the "Contact Us" option on your website but it will not allow me to submit no matter the initial reason selected.

The dash on my daughter's car is gooey-sticky and it literally looks like it's melting. We have been dealing with this getting progressively worse over the past couple of years so I took it to a certified body shop to see what could be done and they informed me of an issue with melting dashes in some models of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. The car is a 2009 Toyota Camry XLE, they looked up the recall information and told me her car qualifies for the recall LSC ZE6.
We never received a recall notification letter but I found the information on this website so today we called Toyota, 800-331-4331 and the woman told us the warranty for my daughter's car expired in July. What???
Based on the information posted here my daughter's car does qualify under Part 2 of this recall.
My daughter loves her Toyota Camry and I would like to get it fixed for her before she leaves again in September. We live 75 miles from the closest Toyota dealer and before I take this car in for assessment I would like to have any necessary paperwork required.
I am in this same situation.... I talk to Toyota today and they are not willing to help me.... I have 2005 4 Runner and never received a letter.....

R

Richard N Pasch

We have a 2006 Avalon with a cracked dash. We have never received any notification from Toyota. How do we get it replaced?

T

Tori

Maybe all of us should call them and complain as a group? Might be more effective is 10 or more of us called.

J

Jasmine stelker

Hello,

I am having this same problem in my 2008 Sienna, however, I never received a letter. Is this something I could still have the dealership fix? I bought it in 2013

E

Elton

Same situation here. I took over a 2007 Sienna from my mother-in-law and noticed a sticky dashboard with a crack on the passenger side. I thought she sprayed Armor All on it and forgot to wipe it. But there's no way it would be so gooey and melted. Anyone have a url link or number with a contact info to file a complaint?

E

Elton

Same situation here. I took over a 2007 Sienna from my mother-in-law and noticed a sticky dashboard with a crack on the passenger side. I thought she sprayed Armor All on it and forgot to wipe it. But there's no way it would be so gooey and melted. Anyone have a url link or number with a contact info to file a complaint?
Sorry, I missed the post by @2001 Camry .]... thanks for the info! Will try calling tomorrow and see what happens.

W

William

We have the same problem with my wife"s 2009 camry, which we bought new and It started cracking on both sides and I took it to our toyota dealer and the shop manager said that there was a recall about the dashes and I would be getting a letter about it, which I never got and now he tells me it is too late to do anything through them.This is Bull-S--t!!! Has any one you know received this so called bogus letter????:mad: I have bought three new toyotas since 1997 and I now have a 2016 Tacoma with two camrys and believe me I am going to stay on top of the recalls or extended warranties on faulty parts until we decide what we are going to do about this.

M

Mohash

Hi All,

I have same problem on my 2008 toyota camry, anybody recently fixed the issue using toyota through warranty? please respond

T

Tad Juv

We have a 2006 Avalon with a cracked dash. We have never received any notification from Toyota. How do we get it replaced?
I did not get one either and just found out about the recall, I called Toyota and they basically told me too bad

V

Vicky Lachance

My 2004 Solara dash just stared to crack all over in the last 6 months, seems like every day I see another one. I never recieved a letter or notice about this problem when it first was sent out! My car is older but is still in very good shape, has always been in a covered area from the sun. Since it is older how can I find out about getting fixed?

S

Steven Lubalin

I own a garaged 2004 Solara SLE V6 with a cracked dash 920,000 miles). I never received a notification about a warranty repair.

S

Steven Lubalin

CORRECTED RESPONSE:I own a garaged 2004 Solara SLE V6 with a cracked dash (20,000 miles). I never received a notification about a warranty repair.

D

Dawn Hamilton

I'm trying to find out about replacing my dashboard it is a mess cracking and melting help 2005 solara

C

Clotiel Johnson

I have 2006 Toyota Solara convertible that I have owned for over 10 years and had no issues with dash until fall of 2017 when cracks and stickiness occurred. Car has always been garaged and in great shape with 63,000 miles. Now warranty doesn't cover my dash. Very disappointing for a car that I have enjoyed and valued. Any chance Toyota is going to extend warranty for my car.
No a dniwbsll