1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Share it!! Hit that Like Button! Tweet It!!

Toyota Tundra No Start with No ECM Communication

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Lewis, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Staff Member

If you run across a 2008 Toyota Tundra (3UR-FE) and have a no start, no ECM communication condition and there is no "Check Engine Light" bulb illuminated during the function check, disconnect the secondary air valves.These have a tendency to short the 5 volt reference line and stop all ECM communication.

2. Greg Turner

Greg Turner Guest

2007 Tundra 4.7 air injection check valve was the cause of no communication with scanner, no start. Thanks

GT

Lewis likes this.
  3. Lewis

Lewis Moderator Staff Member

That's why we're here Greg. Thanks for working on Toyota's.

4. Jorge

Jorge New Member

Thank you so much
    Was having same issue

5. Ulises

Ulises New Member

Having the same issue, only my 4 low light is blinking. Any ideas?

6. Abhor

Abhor New Member

Having same issue. Truck died at a stop light as I took my foot off the break to drive away and the 4LO light started blinking. Engine turns over but won't start. No check engine light at all, even in the "ON" test position. Can not connect to ECU, even Toyota can't connect. It has been at the Toyota dealer for two week now and they still don't know what the issue is. They had a new ECU ready to install but they tech decided to test it first and it did not work either.

7. Mark O

Mark O Guest

Having the same issue with my 2012 tundra. Any luck with the dealer resolving that issue.

8. Abhor

Abhor New Member

No luck!!! Has been at the dealer this entire time. They are thinking they will need to replace the engine wiring harness.