Toyota White Paint Recall (CSP) ZKG Coverage for Peeling of Factory-Applied Paint Remedy

T

timothy Sigrist

I notice there are spots of rust on the side panels. And nicks along the door.

C

Coyoteyam

Took our 2012 Camry with195k on it in because Toyota sent us the letter saying they would repair the white peeling paint. The dealer called said they got the approval to fix it so I took it in. They had it for three weeks and I received no communication they painted everywhere but where the paint is peeling. When my wife picked it up they just told her Toyota won't pay them to paint plastic. I have tried to contact the dealership and left messages. I have tried to call Toyota they sad someone would call. No one will call me back. They charged Toyota $6499.39 for painting a $5000 car. The dealerships seem to only care about their money. This didn't help me and did help Toyota it only helped the dealerships bottom line. Just wandering if this is normal and warning people what they should expect.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x87a4b656cc6d4861:0xa0f0b97f0976e22e!3m1!7e115!5sGoogle Search!15sCgIgAQ&hl=en&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNwI7P0GDnIKFjFCAwL0Fb6dHAQ06lm7xYBvNcB

J

Jed Anderson

They will not fix the problem. The peeling is caused by the primer not sticking to the sheet metal. They will only spot paint the currently affected area. As time goes by other areas will start to peel. The only way to fix the problem is to completely remove the paint, new primer and top coat for $7,000 to $10,000.

B

Barbara Wells

I have a blizzard pearl white 2012 Highlander and the paint on top of the vehicle near the sunroof has started peeling. I am the original owner and, except while driving, it has been garaged its entire life. Immediately after noticing the peeling paint, I contacted Toyota customer service. I was told my vehicle is not on the recall list so too bad. This is unacceptable and completely unfair. I take very good care of my vehicles and have had a multi-Toyota household since 1995. This has never happened to any other Toyota I have owned. If my vehicle is having the exact same issue reported by over 1M other cars, then it should be covered, even if it is not on the recall list. Toyota should recognize this is a bigger issue that affects more cars than those listed on the recall notice.

K

Karen

My vehicle is a 2016 4 runner. I think I posted2018 earlier. Above it says they only have a fix for models up to 2015. My paint failed too; I recd a letter that they had no fix yet, and that was at least 9 months ago.

T

Tom

Why do I have a 2017 Tacoma with peeling paint that apparently doesn't make the list. If I had a camry it would be corrected. This is my first toyota and honestly I don't think I will buy another

P

Phil Murphy

My 2016 Tacoma in super white is peeling, the inside of both fenders under the hood is flaking off. Please create a recall for this issue there have been many people complaining about the paint peeling on all the Tacoma groups on Facebook. You wouldn’t want everyone to think Toyota is not a quality brand like it once was right?

P

Phil Murphy

Why do I have a 2017 Tacoma with peeling paint that apparently doesn't make the list. If I had a camry it would be corrected. This is my first toyota and honestly I don't think I will buy another
I have a 2016 Tacoma and the white paint is peeling around the headlights. Still debating with Toyota over this. Hopefully they will resolve this issue

B

BrookeS

Toyota needs to do something about all the year and models they left out of the current Customer Support Program. They all have the same paint - why not cover them in this program????!!!!

B

BrookeS

What if I have additional questions or concerns?
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-888-270-9371 Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, Saturday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm Central Time
They will just say if your car is in the Customer Support Program. If it is not, they wish you good luck!! :-((

B

BrookeS

I have the same problem with this paint on my Sequoia as do many others if you look at various message boards. Why is it not included in this campaign? Do I need to get an attorney and file a class action?
Did you file an action with your attorney? I would be onboard with this idea, but I don't know how to move forward with something like this. Your info would be helpful.

B

BrookeS

I have a 2013 Toyota Highlander with the same problems. What are my options? I tried posting a picture but not sure how to do so .
Yes, they make it VERY DIFFICULT to post pictures......hmmmmmm ;-(((
I had to make a video of a picture -