W

W. Fordham

We have a 2013 Highlander. My local dealer acted like he had no clue when I spoke with a service rep. He referred me to Toyota's 800 #. I called and spoke to someone who suggested I send an email with photos so I did. I get a response telling me to call an 800 # so I do and am basically told to pound sand. For some reason, our 2013 vehicle is not covered under their recall BUT, older cars are being covered.

We paid extra $ for a so-called "premium" paint and now it is coming off in flakes. I drive a 2006 Tundra. The paint on it looks brand new. HOW can the paint on a 15 year old truck be holding up better than the paint on an 8 year old car? I would insert photos but I guess I am too dumb to figure out how to do so.

Someone in our family has been driving a Toyota for more than 30 years. My wife and youngest son are both planning on getting new vehicles this year. I can guarantee that there will never be another Toyota in my driveway if Toyota doesn't step up and do the right thing. So damn disappointed. NEVER thought Toyota would pull something like this.

W

W. Fordham

Will it take the threat of a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT to make Toyota DO THE RIGHT THING?

D

Dawn S

I have a 2008 Highlander in which the hood is peeling and the entire hood and roof have a scored appearance and are going to peel more. Called Toyota and was told my vehicle was not included. (Blizzard white). This car was garage kept. This is crazy. I have never had a paint job do this.

D

Dawn S

I have a 2008 Highlander in which the hood is peeling and the entire hood and roof have a scored appearance and are going to peel more. Called Toyota and was told my vehicle was not included. (Blizzard white). This car was garage kept. This is crazy. I have never had a paint job do this.
Make sure to report it to 1-888-270-9371 so that it can be documented at Corporate that there is in issue.

D

Dana Applegate

I took my 2012 Seqouia blizzard pearl platinum into the dealership in spring of 2018 for 2 areas on the vehicle that had the paint peeling off. They had an Toyota inspector come look at it and denied repair to the vehicle. I even had the extended platinum warranty and they still denied coverage. I wrote everyone with complaints even the president of Toyota. They would not repair my suv. I was so angry I vowed to never buy another Toyota as long as I lived. I took the car to a body shop repair and paid $1400 for them to fix the vehicle. So is Toyota going to reimburse me now Or should I just hire a good lawyer?
I had the same thing happen!

J

Janise Coggins

See the FAQ above and this is from the Owner letter I received....

What if you have previously paid for repairs to your vehicle for this specific condition?
Please note: Once the repair is finalized and available, an authorized Toyota dealer inspection is required under this Customer Support Program. The authorized Toyota dealer will confirm the condition and affected areas for coverage under the program.

In the interest of customer satisfaction, if you have previously paid for repairs related to this condition prior to September 26, 2019, please mail a copy of your repair details (for example: a repair order), proof-of-payment, and ownership information to the following address for reimbursement consideration:

Note that the expense must have been incurred prior to September 26, 2019. Toyota does not reimburse for expenses incurred after September 26, 2019.

Toyota Customer Experience Center - TSR Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. c/o Toyota Motor North America, Inc. P O Box 259001 – SSC/CSP Reimbursements Plano, Texas 75025-9001

Please refer to the attached Reimbursement Checklist for required documentation details. We have sent this notice in the interest of your continued satisfaction with our products. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this condition may have caused you.

J

Janise Coggins

I have a 2013 Toyota Highlander with the same problems. What are my options? I tried posting a picture but not sure how to do so .
I have a 2012 Highlander with the blizzard pearl (070) paint, and it is peeling really bad. No help from dealership. There is a Facebook group that has formed to help gather all the information on who is having trouble, possibly looking at a class action lawsuit. ALL vehicles that were painted with this particular paint should be repainted free of charge by Toyota.

J

Janise Coggins

If you are having issues with your paint peeling. There is a Facebook group that has formed called Toyota/Lexus/Scion paint peeling. Please join so we can all gather more information on who is having problems, and which type of vehicles are included in this.

T

Toyota owner

I took my 2012 Seqouia blizzard pearl platinum into the dealership in spring of 2018 for 2 areas on the vehicle that had the paint peeling off. They had an Toyota inspector come look at it and denied repair to the vehicle. I even had the extended platinum warranty and they still denied coverage. I wrote everyone with complaints even the president of Toyota. They would not repair my suv. I was so angry I vowed to never buy another Toyota as long as I lived. I took the car to a body shop repair and paid $1400 for them to fix the vehicle. So is Toyota going to reimburse me now Or should I just hire a good lawyer?

I have had similar issues. My 2015 Corolla's white paint started chipping. One dealer denied the repair. A year later after much more paint started peeling, I inquired about the paint repair at a different dealer and they claimed they have no record of a recall or warranty for my vehicle.

C

Cynthia Cano

I have a 2008 Toyota Highlander in Blizzars Pearl color with SIGNIFICANT PEELING...how can I see if it can be repaired under the program ?

M

Mary Welfel

I’ve had my local Toyota dealership, Mike Shaw Toyota, is still waiting to hear back from Toyota to approve paint repairs on my vehicle. They’ve had photos from the body shop since February. Why bother sending out letters and then not back your offer to repair? Pretty darn sorry of Toyota to treat their customers this way. Shameful.

A

AMIE

I HAVE A 2021 TOYOTA AVALON XSE NIGHTSHADE WITH THE WIND CHILL PEARL PAINT NOT EVEN TWO WEEKS AFTER I GOT IT I WAS SEEING PAINT CHIPS IN RANDOM PLACES I CALLED THE DEALER THEY GAVE ME THE RUN AROUND SO WHEN I TOOK IT IN FOR THE FIRST SERVICE THE SERVICE ADV. DIDNT EVEN WANT TO LOOK AT IT HE SAID HE WOULD NOTE IT BUT WHEN I CALLED TOYOTA CUSTOMER CARE THEY SAID HE DIDNT NOTE WHAT I HAD SAID JUST THAT IT HAD ROCK CHIP. I LOVE MY CAR BUT NOT HAPPY WITH THE PAINT ISSUES.

B

Ben Miday

Willing to join a class action lawsuit for this Blizzard Pearl. 2013 Toyota Highlander roof peeling, windshield sidepost peeling aweful...They have admitted manufacturer defects when the vehicle was driven off the lot...CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT period...loss in value.

C

Cricket

Why not post the pics here for everybody to see?
My 2017 Tacoma is peeling behind the back passenger window and has no shine on a roughly 5 inch spot on the hood and my local dealer drug out a return call to me about this after taking pictures and saying what was happening was definitely not right and then told me that it’s not covered because it’s outside of the 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty, I have never had a problem like this and to get that response from a local dealer I have purchased many vehicles from is really not ok. I will take pictures and try to add them on this forum.

J

Jerry Anderson

Willing to join a class action lawsuit for this Blizzard Pearl. 2013 Toyota Highlander roof peeling, windshield sidepost peeling aweful...They have admitted manufacturer defects when the vehicle was driven off the lot...CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT period...loss in value.
The ONLY people who win in a class action lawsuit are the lawyers!

M

Maria Valdez

I have a gray 2021 Highlander and I just noticed peeling paint today, there are a couple of specks on the body right next to the rear passnger door and my husband found 2 more bigger spots that are peeling on the roof. The dealer asked us to go to our insurance. This car is not even a year old.